Shelled Warriors Forums

Shelled Warriors Forums (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Evolving Husbandry (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   New concentrated weed powder (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=47131)

shellonia 10-12-2011 05:30 PM

New concentrated weed powder

As there now seems to be a bit of interest in this can I invite people to look at the Website: tortoiseworld.co.uk.

There is a range of natural, organic products, researched and produced by nutritionalist/breeder at considerable cost with the longterm wellbeing of tortoises as its only aim.This has been 5 years in the production and extensively tested on a study group of his own animals over that period.It seems to be resulting in healthier,smooth-shelled specimens over that time period,which is I know fairly short as research goes.

The exact description and origins are shown on thew website.In particular the weed powder relieves a lot of the worry about overwinter feeding.

Smeg 10-12-2011 05:37 PM

Link to product?

Shelled Lady 10-12-2011 05:44 PM

This is just the sort of thing I have been waiting to see provide by people who really know about the diet of tortoises, different to manufactures providing cereal based products full of carbohydrate, which make a tortoise put on too much weight. Who has tried this product out?

Watermelon 10-12-2011 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smeg (Post 513489)
Link to product?

okay go to www.google.com

then type in tortoiseworld.co.uk

:razz: :razz:

shellonia 10-12-2011 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shelled Lady (Post 513492)
This is just the sort of thing I have been waiting to see provide by people who really know about the diet of tortoises, different to manufactures providing cereal based products full of carbohydrate, which make a tortoise put on too much weight. Who has tried this product out?

It's only been on the market about 6 months.I've been using it ever since as has my daughter Steph37.
I've mentioned it several times so don't know what the uptake has been, but it's good stuff.

Ozric Jonathan 11-12-2011 04:25 AM

Web bsite looks interesting. The food would appear to a grass-based pellet product with the suggestion to use additional products for supplementation. I haven't tried it though.

Alan1 11-12-2011 07:00 AM

www.tortoiseworld.co.uk I can't see any info on the powder :?

I see it now http://www.tortoiseworld.co.uk/shop/item.asp?itemid=45

SeeShell 11-12-2011 05:57 PM

Haven't seen this before either. Anyone else been uisng it?

16 shells 11-12-2011 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellonia (Post 513486)
As there now seems to be a bit of interest in this can I invite people to look at the Website: tortoiseworld.co.uk.

There is a range of natural, organic products, researched and produced by nutritionalist/breeder at considerable cost with the longterm wellbeing of tortoises as its only aim.This has been 5 years in the production and extensively tested on a study group of his own animals over that period.It seems to be resulting in healthier,smooth-shelled specimens over that time period,which is I know fairly short as research goes.

The exact description and origins are shown on thew website.In particular the weed powder relieves a lot of the worry about overwinter feeding.

As with all feeding product's i like to look into deep :-), is it not similar to the old Tortoise Dust by likes of T-Rex but without many more plant's.
It would also be very benificial if the break down/make up/chemical list of the 12 plant's could be passed on to the Tortoise keeper's. If the research has gone this far.
The other thing that is confusing in the list if the product if used freely is, the plant's of Chickweed, Clover, Bindweed, Dandelion, Opuntia are on other Tort list's/sites to be fed sparingly for the chemical contents. High Oxalates as one. Russian Vine, Fallopia Baldschuan, is unknown in the chemical makeup of the plant, toxic or not. Some at Kew must know :p.

Alan1 11-12-2011 11:12 PM

can it be sniffed up a rolled up tenner?