Shelled Warriors Forums

Shelled Warriors Forums (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Tortoise Health and Vets (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   My clyde is poorly (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=74457)

Laura1412 27-04-2017 07:36 AM

My clyde is poorly

I took my Clyde to the vet yesterday to be checked over as he is spending so much time in his hide box and only coming out if I take him out he asnt eaten for 4 days now but doesdrink wen I soak him wen I got him out the hide box yesterday to take him to vet his beak just below his noes was a little went and was makin a little wheezing sound the vet gave him X-ray and said nothing on there is out the ordinary and prescribed antibiotic injectections fortum he gave him one I av got2 more to give one Saturday and one Tuesday my clyde on returning home went straight back into the hide boxthe vet just said abouttemps to keep a gradient but last night I kept my Che running in the night to keep the hide box to 23/24 is this hot enoughor does it need to be hotter any help and advice please I'm devestated

sandy 27-04-2017 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laura1412 (Post 671498)
I took my Clyde to the vet yesterday to be checked over as he is spending so much time in his hide box and only coming out if I take him out he asnt eaten for 4 days now but doesdrink wen I soak him wen I got him out the hide box yesterday to take him to vet his beak just below his noes was a little went and was makin a little wheezing sound the vet gave him X-ray and said nothing on there is out the ordinary and prescribed antibiotic injectections fortum he gave him one I av got2 more to give one Saturday and one Tuesday my clyde on returning home went straight back into the hide boxthe vet just said abouttemps to keep a gradient but last night I kept my Che running in the night to keep the hide box to 23/24 is this hot enoughor does it need to be hotter any help and advice please I'm devestated

When using antibiotics they need the same temps 24/7 to make them work properly:0)
So no gradients while on ABS. And remember its not likely to be a quick recovery, as it can take as long to get better as it does for them to get ill.

Laura1412 27-04-2017 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandy (Post 671499)
When using antibiotics they need the same temps 24/7 to make them work properly:0)
So no gradients while on ABS. And remember its not likely to be a quick recovery, as it can take as long to get better as it does for them to get ill.

Thanks what temp should I aim for then 24/7 is

Gordon 27-04-2017 08:05 AM

As sandy has said you need constant heat if I ever need to use antibiotics I have a small vivarium I use as it is a great way of heating up a tort. It sounds like you have a case of upper respetory infection which is also treatable by using a nebuliser and f10.

Laura1412 27-04-2017 08:25 AM

Thanks Gordon I av only seen the wet beak once no bubbles at all and the wheezing sound I only noticed yesterday for around 4 weeks I av noticed a little popping sound wen he breathes but he as been active and eatin well it's only the last 2 weeks head been constantly in the hide box I was bathing every other day and he drank he would eat small amounts butthe last 6 days he eat less then ever this is why I av gone to vets were do I get anebuliser and f10 from I don't mean mean to sound thick but iv Neva experienced anything like this iv got the enclosure temp now to 29c is this ok warm enough

Gordon 27-04-2017 10:07 AM

What are your day time temps if only 29 you need to up it to 32 to 33 it is normally temps to cold that will cause a tort to become inactive then they get poorly.
As for f10 and a nebuliser both are available on amazon:-)

Laura1412 27-04-2017 10:22 AM

My temp under baskingbulb is 33c my temps then in the rest ofenclosure are now 30c in the middle and 27c cold side and in the hide box

Laura1412 27-04-2017 10:39 AM

Omron ne c28p compresser nebulizer is that the right one a white

Laura1412 27-04-2017 10:44 AM

Also is the f10 vetenarian disenfectant am I looking at the right stuff

Gordon 27-04-2017 01:24 PM

Yes all sounds good.