Shelled Warriors Forums

Shelled Warriors Forums (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Happy new year (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=74685)

Suze65 31-12-2017 07:41 AM

Happy new year

Here's wishing all you shelled warriors a very happy new year, I hope all your hopes for the next year come to fruition , and all torts that are asleep wake up happy and well in the spring for another lovely sunny warm shelled summer ! :roll:

tortydat 31-12-2017 09:46 AM

Happy New Year to you Suze and everyone else let's hope it's a wonderful tortie summer. Mary x

sandy 31-12-2017 10:47 AM

Happy New Year to one and all:0)

emma_mcraf 31-12-2017 05:45 PM

Happy New Year to everyone. A wonderful tortie summer sounds lovely, Mary. It gives us something nice to look forward to during the colder months.

I hope everyone's dreams, however simple or elaborate, come to fruition for you. Can't wait to see your garden next summer, Suze. :-)

Here's to a wonderful 2018. :-D

Suze65 02-01-2018 06:11 PM

Now January is here I'm planning for the spring :-D

CherryBrandy 02-01-2018 06:48 PM

HNY - wow that went quick and only a few weeks til spring time ! wish it would stop raining though. I bought some grass seed as I am over run with blooming buttercup leaves which I am systematically digging up but it states don't sow itl March time - October. I am sure I sure I use to sow grass seed January - December....?
CB

Jan W 03-01-2018 06:33 PM

Happy New Year from me.

emma_mcraf 03-01-2018 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CherryBrandy (Post 673714)
HNY - wow that went quick and only a few weeks til spring time ! wish it would stop raining though. I bought some grass seed as I am over run with blooming buttercup leaves which I am systematically digging up but it states don't sow itl March time - October. I am sure I sure I use to sow grass seed January - December....?
CB

I think the seeds rot if it's too damp. Keep digging, Clare!
Just count it as the exercise part of your new year's resolution! ;-)
I learned years ago to cross exercise off my list. I don't even do resolutions, just aims for the year ahead...and exercise doesn't even make it onto that either!! ;-)

Suze65 04-01-2018 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emma_mcraf (Post 673739)
I think the seeds rot if it's too damp. Keep digging, Clare!
Just count it as the exercise part of your new year's resolution! ;-)
I learned years ago to cross exercise off my list. I don't even do resolutions, just aims for the year ahead...and exercise doesn't even make it onto that either!! ;-)

That sounds like a plan Emma, I'm just thinking about , I need a new front door, the downs stairs loo needs gutting, my room of doom needs tidying , the sheds ( that didn't get built) need building, the gate needs fitting, the girls summer house needs painting and assembling, oh and we are supposed to be doing a loft conversion :shock:

CherryBrandy 05-01-2018 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suze65 (Post 673751)
That sounds like a plan Emma, I'm just thinking about , I need a new front door, the downs stairs loo needs gutting, my room of doom needs tidying , the sheds ( that didn't get built) need building, the gate needs fitting, the girls summer house needs painting and assembling, oh and we are supposed to be doing a loft conversion :shock:

Based on Emma's philosophy you will have the figure of Darcy bussell at that rate !! :-D It does all makes sense though, and Emma and I must have shared the same philosopher because that's exactly what I do ! just digging in the garden is great exercise if you make sure stomach in, knees bent ! CB :???:, then leaning over from the sun lounger to pick up a cocktail from the lawn is great for the abs !! , squats when getting ice from the freezer, and bicep curl when placing straw into mouth....great work out x