Shelled Warriors Forums

Shelled Warriors Forums (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Competition Area (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   QUIZ for Sunday 26th June (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=43795)

WriterNick 26-06-2011 12:26 PM

QUIZ for Sunday 26th June

This is a last minute quiz so I hope that it's okay! I am going to hit the big 4-0 this year :shock: so here are a few questions about other people who were born in 1971! Good luck:

1) Amanda Holden plays which part in Shrek the Musical? Princess Fiona
2) The late Lisa 'Left Eye' Lopez was a member of which group? TLC
3) In what year was Tupac Shakur killed? 1996
4) Jared Leto was the narrator on a successful film this year about a famous motorcycle event. What was the film called? TT3D: Closer To The Edge (will accept TT)
5) Mark Wahlberg starred in a remake of which film previously starring Charlton Heston? Planet Of The Apes
6) Johnny Knoxville is famous for which tv and film series? Jackass
7) In what year did Ricky martin have a hit with Livin La Vida Loca? 1999
8) Antonio Banderas was born in which Spanish holiday resort city? Malaga
9) Winina Ryder starred alongside Johnny Depp in which Tim Burton film? Edward Scissorhands
10) Lisa Rogers presents Scrapheap Challenge alongside Robert Llewellyn. What part did he play in Red Dwarf? Kryten
11) The model Caprice Bourret hails from which country? USA
12) Mary J Blige was also born in 1971. What does the 'J' stand for? Jane
13) Natasha kaplinsky was the first celebrity winner of what competitive tv show? Strictly Come Dancing
14) What soap opera brought Dannii Minogue international fame? Home and Away
15) What is Snoop Doggy Dogg's real first name? Calvin
16) Mariah Carey had a big hit with which Christmas song? All I want For Christmas Is You
17) How many times has lance Armstrong won the Tour De France? Seven
18) Minnie Driver was oscar nominated for which film alongside Matt Damon? Good Will Hunting
19) In what year did Goran Ivanisevic win Wimbledon? 2001
20) What is the name of the 1971 born actor who played Borat and Ali G? Sacha Baron Cohen

and a tie- breaker if one should be needed (closest to the correct answer will get an extra point) on what day of 1971 was I born? :-P 20th July

Entries in by 10pm please!

There was a tie for 1st place with two clever entrants gaining 14 points but when the tie break was taken into consideration the results are as follows:
1st - Purplelynn
2nd - Cathers
Joint 3rd - Caledonia
Joint 3rd - Ethelandedna

Well done everybody! :-)

Alan1 26-06-2011 12:53 PM

well done nick. done it

WriterNick 26-06-2011 05:00 PM

You're in the lead at this point Alan!

WriterNick 26-06-2011 08:34 PM

Come on people - there is still time to enter - only one solitary entry in so far!

Alan1 26-06-2011 08:54 PM

maybe keep it open 'til tuesday or something nick? please yourself but after going to the trouble of doing it you would want a few entries

WriterNick 26-06-2011 09:03 PM

We have two entries now but keep them coming - owing to the heatwave the entry deadline is EXTENDED to Monday at 10pm. Keep em coming :-)

purplelynn 26-06-2011 09:04 PM

If I'd known there was an extension would have thought a bit harder - oh well never mind!

Alan1 26-06-2011 09:39 PM

I give the same 5 seconds thought to every question every week no matter what the deadline is :D

Cathers 27-06-2011 02:55 PM

mine are in :-)

WriterNick 27-06-2011 07:56 PM

We have some good answers already in, but if you need to escape the heatwave why not grab a glass of something cold and try the quiz - there are two hours left :-)