Shelled Warriors Forums

Shelled Warriors Forums (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Rehoming (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   6 year old Leopard Tortoise for Re-homing (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=47110)

Garytheleopard 09-12-2011 12:46 PM

6 year old Leopard Tortoise for Re-homing

Hello all,

I have the above tort for re-homing, it's a very sad time for me but I have been made redundant and I have to move home and unfortuneatly I can't take Gary with me. He's a part of my family and would like him to go to a place where he will be loved hence the reason I'm not selling him.

He eats weeds and likes to roam around the garden, I'm in Bournemouth but I don't have a car so can't deliver :(

burnt toast 09-12-2011 01:42 PM

Sorry to read this Gary, I hope you find a loving home for him.

tuftybunny 14-12-2011 01:36 PM

i've sent you a PM - but haven't been a member long enough. However I do have 2 Hermanns who live in the garden as long as possible during the year. And recently rehomed a morroccan spur thigh who will not hibernate also around 6 years old. I use tortoise tables rather than vivs as I prefer them and feed mainly weeds suplemented with some pellets and mixed leaves, watercress, pansies etc. Each species has their own bowls etc even if they have been through the dishwasher to minimise any illness.

htspike69 16-12-2011 11:47 AM

Hello Gary, I pill PM you

htspike69 16-12-2011 11:57 AM

Hello Gary, We are just getting started but could take your tortoise as our first.
I am at the moment building a 12 x 3 ft enclosure. (about half way) outside. It will have a raised hut, heater, sunlamp both thermostatic controlled, greenhouse part for sunbathing ! and an open area for summer and warm days.. ur garden is weeds and grass and fully enclosed and secure. Inside, our tortoise table arrives monday, but when we are there able to roam downstairs.
Our local vet, is a tortoise owner and lover so knowledgeable and I haven't stopped read on care on web and books for the last 3 months.
I am new on here but if you are intrested in asking me more please feel free to contact me.
I could take others and segregate the pen for up to 3-4 tortoises.

htspike69 17-12-2011 11:19 AM

Hi Gary, still looking to rehome ??

longbowassassin 22-12-2011 12:54 PM

good luck in finding a good home, they have such a gentle spirt and well worth the extra effort.

Garytheleopard 30-12-2011 12:30 PM

Hello all,

After all, I can't bear to part with Gary, he really is my baby, I have managed to accomodate him in my new flat, the only thing is he doesn't have free run of the garden so I have to carry him up and down the stairs, thank you for your kind offers :)

htspike69 30-12-2011 01:13 PM

Good Luck ! and well done for not parting with him

tuftybunny 30-12-2011 07:41 PM

i am so pleased that you have managed to keep him in your new flat, you must be so relieved.xxx