Shelled Warriors Forums

Shelled Warriors Forums (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   rain (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=75066)

sandy 03-06-2020 07:47 PM

rain

We had a dribble of rain today:0(
We need it so badly here in Kent.
How are things where you are?

emma_mcraf 03-06-2020 08:02 PM

Parched here, Sandy. We had nothing more than a medium drizzle. Barely touched the garden, which could do with a couple of days of decent rain.
Nice to have it a bit cooler today though.

tortydat 03-06-2020 08:46 PM

Well it seems to have been raining most of the day on and off but looking at the ground you can't see where it's been! Need some really heavy stuff before it will get into the ground and make any difference.

Gordon 03-06-2020 09:50 PM

Well my side of Wiltshire seems to have missed most of it we have had a few spots but not enough to damp down the dust.

sandy 03-06-2020 10:25 PM

Looks like we are all suffering, we had some really black clouds go over earlier but no rain:0(
Sad to say we need rain:0)

Yvonne G 04-06-2020 03:25 PM

No rain here in Central California. We've finished up the rainy season. However, there were thunder and lightning in the foothills just to the east of us. I'm afraid it's hot and dry for us for here until maybe October.

sandy 04-06-2020 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yvonne G (Post 678845)
No rain here in Central California. We've finished up the rainy season. However, there were thunder and lightning in the foothills just to the east of us. I'm afraid it's hot and dry for us for here until maybe October.

We are not so used to dry weather in my part of Kent this time of the year. We can have dry Summers but not so dry Springs.:0)
My plants dont know what to do:0)

CherryBrandy 04-06-2020 07:45 PM

its very dry here also despite minimal rainfall which dried up in two minutes. I do miss the sun though I don't like grey but accept it needs to rain a bit more

Alan1 05-06-2020 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandy (Post 678840)
We had a dribble of rain today:0(
We need it so badly here in Kent.
How are things where you are?

After the long dry spell we had a night of heavy rain and it's been cold the past 3 days with a mix of wind, rain and sun. I had planted a hebe to replace one I dug up last year because it had got away too big for the enclosure and although I had been watering it, it was only after the night of rain that it actually took off. I couldn't believe the difference in it after just one night's rain. Same applied to the dandelions and campanula.

sandy 05-06-2020 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan1 (Post 678849)
After the long dry spell we had a night of heavy rain and it's been cold the past 3 days with a mix of wind, rain and sun. I had planted a hebe to replace one I dug up last year because it had got away too big for the enclosure and although I had been watering it, it was only after the night of rain that it actually took off. I couldn't believe the difference in it after just one night's rain. Same applied to the dandelions and campanula.

I also have a well over grown hebe that needs replacing, but we have still not had any rain enough to even wet the ground. So it will have to wait. I will try and take cuttings as its pretty and the bees love it:0)