Shelled Warriors Forums

Shelled Warriors Forums (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Shelled Warriors Tortoise Archive (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Quiz 25th July (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=37136)

purplelynn 24-07-2010 01:24 PM

Quiz 25th July

As it's the end of term and school is officially out for summer I thought I'd try a school themed quiz this week.

Hopefully there will be questions to suit everyone. Good Luck:mrgreen:

1. Who had a hit with ‘Schools Out’ in the 1970s Alice Cooper
2. Before they appeared in Eastenders in which school TV series did Susan Tulley and Todd Carty appear? Grange Hill
3. Who bullied Tom Brown at Rugby School? Flashman
4. Which Scottish school did Prince Charles attend? Gordonstoun
5. Which football referee is a master in a public school?David Ellery
6. Which teacher left school to go "Walking on the Moon"? Sting - Gordon Sumner
7. Most Of The Cast Of Which Tv Series Attended Jefferson High School? Happy Days
8. What school did fat boy Billy Bunter attend? Greyfriars
9. Who was the head teacher in the BBC?s "Hope and Glory"? Lenny Henry
10. Which schools motto is ‘Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus’? For a bonus point what does it mean?Hogwarts - Never Tickle a sleeping Dragon
11. Enid Blyton wrote a series of books set in a girls boarding school – what was the school called?Mallory Towers
12. What is the name of the main male character in High School Musical?Troy Bolton
13. Name the school choir who had a number one hit with the song Grandma?St Winifreds
14. Where is the fictional comprehensive school ‘Waterloo Road’?Rochdale
15. Can you name the National Curriculum subjects taught in a primary school? (One point for each)English, Maths, Science, ICT, Art , DT, PE, RE, PSHCE, Geography, History, Music
16. What is the name of the school attended by Bart Simpson?Springfield Elementary
17. Name the choir master from ‘The Choir’ – who encouraged children from a primary school to enter a singing competition.Gareth Malone
18. Many of you know I teach in a primary school – but which year group have I been teaching and which year group will I be teaching in September? Year 6 moving to Year4

And the results:

A*- Loublou95
B - Pussygalore
C - Caledonia
D - 16 Shells, WriterNick, DoodleBopper

and this week in detention with extra homework - MeShell:oops:

Alan1 25-07-2010 09:32 AM

Done it. Well done Lynn

loublou95 25-07-2010 12:01 PM

Done it :) Great quiz

purplelynn 25-07-2010 12:58 PM

4 entries so far - come on guys lets have a few more

Alan1 25-07-2010 09:05 PM

55 minutes to get them in

purplelynn 25-07-2010 09:09 PM

6 entries now - am off out now so will post answers and results tomorrow. Should give a few more people a chance to enter

EquestrianBabe 25-07-2010 09:42 PM

Good quiz :-D Bit late for me to enter, though.

Alan1 25-07-2010 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EquestrianBabe (Post 395664)
Good quiz :-D Bit late for me to enter, though.

you have all night to do it now

EquestrianBabe 25-07-2010 10:01 PM

Huh? What do you mean?

ME SHELL 25-07-2010 10:34 PM

Oh right 'll have a go now. I started typing the answers down and then my connection went. So will try again:)