Shelled Warriors Forums

Shelled Warriors Forums (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Surgery (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=74960)

Suze65 19-11-2019 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emma_mcraf (Post 677866)
That makes me think of the Friends theme tune! :-)
We’re always here. :-D

I ditto that :)

Gordon 21-11-2019 12:07 PM

Well sunday didn't fail to disappoint with yet another lump grew and seemed ok till Tuesday when yet again infection started so I spent the day in hospital being pumped full of antibiotics yet again.
As the infection wasn't as bad this time I was given the option of staying in or go home with a bucket of pills so I went for that option even though I can hardly walk as it hurts so much.
So the nurse gave me a box of pills and said we could go.
Now you would assume there was nothing out of the ordinary about that but you would be so wrong :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
As I didn't need to take one till the next day I didn't pay much attention but in the morning I looked at the dosage and it reads:- TAKE ONE TABLET ONCE A DAY FOR FIVE DAYS in capital letters so I thought ok that's an easy one to work out. So I opened the box and there were 28 tablets in there so I was a bit curious so Googled them and all I'm saying is they weren't antibiotics :shock::shock:
After a few minutes I had a look on the box again only to notice it wasn't even my name on the box ffs.
After I picked my jaw up from the floor and called my doctors who was absolutely gobsmacked and said I need to call them straight away so I did.
Dont need to go into to much information but as you can imagine they were very very apologetic an said they would look into it and call me back which the head honcho did within 10 minutes and asked if I could go back over so they could sort it out.
So back to John Radcliffe we went and it was so funny we were whisked straight in even though it was very busy and into a side room so nobody could overhear so I was given my correct tablets and with over an hour of three of them licking my boots we left.

I did feel bad as the nurse is going to get such a dressing down but it could of turned out really bad if I had taken them.

What have I done to deserve all this, I'm back on Friday to have bloods done again which I'm not looking forward to.

Gordon 21-11-2019 01:48 PM

Well another little update.
Last time I was in hospital I had a CT scan an MRI and on Tuesday this week I had an ultrasound and all of them showed NO collection which should be a good thing.
I was sat on the sofa and could smell something very unpleasant and blamed the dogs even to the point i got my daughter to shut them outside but the smell was still there then something made look at my belly and sure enough my dressing was not looking good so i took it off and wow the smell was horrendous.
So grabbed lots of stuff to give it a clean but as I touched it the flood gates opened and let's just say with the smell and the amount of old congealed puss that we got out must of been 100ml plus.
Called John Radcliffe and told them and they said to go back today to which I said no as I'm going tomorrow and cant afford all the fuel and parking so she said that's fine but dont eat or drink anything after midnight so let's see what happens tomorrow.

Yours even more frustrated.

sandy 21-11-2019 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon (Post 677869)
Well another little update.
Last time I was in hospital I had a CT scan an MRI and on Tuesday this week I had an ultrasound and all of them showed NO collection which should be a good thing.
I was sat on the sofa and could smell something very unpleasant and blamed the dogs even to the point i got my daughter to shut them outside but the smell was still there then something made look at my belly and sure enough my dressing was not looking good so i took it off and wow the smell was horrendous.
So grabbed lots of stuff to give it a clean but as I touched it the flood gates opened and let's just say with the smell and the amount of old congealed puss that we got out must of been 100ml plus.
Called John Radcliffe and told them and they said to go back today to which I said no as I'm going tomorrow and cant afford all the fuel and parking so she said that's fine but dont eat or drink anything after midnight so let's see what happens tomorrow.

Yours even more frustrated.

This sounds so much like you need a different hospital and doctors.

emma_mcraf 21-11-2019 03:07 PM

Absolutely farcical.
Thank goodness you didn’t take the other prescription drugs.
I think the NHS is an amazing part of our country and we are lucky to have it, but I don’t trust many of the registrars and consultants. I have heard so many horror stories over the years but I think your one is bang up at the top!
The one thing that has happened repeatedly is that I’ve seen there’s a huge lack of communication between the staff. Saw it during my husband’s cancer, when my son had a bad accident, a family member had strokes, etc.

It worries me how you can get so many infections. Is it due to lack of hygiene by the caregivers in the hospital? Virulent strains of bugs everywhere? Infectious things in theatre? It can’t just be that you’re unlucky. You’ve had too many infections now.

Really hope that....well actually I don’t know what I hope for, for you tomorrow when you go back, because each time you seem to get no further! Are they planning on more surgery seeing as they’ve told you not to eat or drink?
Wish it would all just settle down and go away for you.

I’m battling costochondritis at the moment. Never known pain like it since slipping my disk 9 years ago. Drugged up with painkillers but know it’s nothing compared to your year of hell.

Get better soon, Gordon! x

tortydat 21-11-2019 03:12 PM

I really do think you need to stop showing off so much!!!!!!!!!! Seriously though I do hope you get a positive answer tomorrow and maybe they just keep you in for once and for all to get you sorted out. Each time we meet up you have shrunk just that little bit more and it's not good. xx

Yvonne G 21-11-2019 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon (Post 677868)
Well sunday didn't fail to disappoint with yet another lump grew and seemed ok till Tuesday when yet again infection started so I spent the day in hospital being pumped full of antibiotics yet again.
As the infection wasn't as bad this time I was given the option of staying in or go home with a bucket of pills so I went for that option even though I can hardly walk as it hurts so much.
So the nurse gave me a box of pills and said we could go.
Now you would assume there was nothing out of the ordinary about that but you would be so wrong :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
As I didn't need to take one till the next day I didn't pay much attention but in the morning I looked at the dosage and it reads:- TAKE ONE TABLET ONCE A DAY FOR FIVE DAYS in capital letters so I thought ok that's an easy one to work out. So I opened the box and there were 28 tablets in there so I was a bit curious so Googled them and all I'm saying is they weren't antibiotics :shock::shock:
After a few minutes I had a look on the box again only to notice it wasn't even my name on the box ffs.
After I picked my jaw up from the floor and called my doctors who was absolutely gobsmacked and said I need to call them straight away so I did.
Dont need to go into to much information but as you can imagine they were very very apologetic an said they would look into it and call me back which the head honcho did within 10 minutes and asked if I could go back over so they could sort it out.
So back to John Radcliffe we went and it was so funny we were whisked straight in even though it was very busy and into a side room so nobody could overhear so I was given my correct tablets and with over an hour of three of them licking my boots we left.

I did feel bad as the nurse is going to get such a dressing down but it could of turned out really bad if I had taken them.

What have I done to deserve all this, I'm back on Friday to have bloods done again which I'm not looking forward to.

So, what you're saying is if you had taken the tablets there would have been no danger of your getting pregnant? :-D

Gordon 21-11-2019 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yvonne G (Post 677873)
So, what you're saying is if you had taken the tablets there would have been no danger of your getting pregnant? :-D

Stranger things have happened.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Gordon 21-11-2019 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yvonne G (Post 677873)

They were for high blood pressure and inflammation of the prostate and cant remember what else but certainly not antibiotics

Suze65 22-11-2019 03:54 PM

This absolutely beggars belief, by that I mean giving you the wrong pills, and yet another infection, I might be wrong , but so many infections in soooooo many months, doesn’t seem normal. Maybe someone or more are not doing jobs properly, can you be referred to another hospital. Speak to your GP, your local health authority, see what they say.