Shelled Warriors Forums

Shelled Warriors Forums (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   I'm Excited! (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=47562)

Easter Bunny 07-01-2012 06:01 PM

I'm Excited!

I'm going to pick up my new tortoise tonight, he will be mine at about 9pm.
Got my camera charging now.

I'm not sure how bad his shell damage is going to actually be as its hard to see everything in photos and photos can be deceiving. Not even sure how big he is all I know he is 2 years old and lives in a viv and eats rubbish. :?

I'm preparing myself for him to sulk for a few weeks as it's going to be a big change for him. He's going straight into a table but Seller says he likes to sleep in a cardboard box so he can have that for tonight :D and he is going to have to start eating weeds, maybe a few mazuri pellets once a week too :D
At least he won't have the trauma of being chewed by a dog again :D

Photos to follow :grin:

emma_mcraf 07-01-2012 06:14 PM

After taking on Toby, Bonnie & Clyde, you'll know what to expect. Lucky little fella coming to live with you. Does he have a name yet?
Can't wait to see photos. :)

Easter Bunny 07-01-2012 06:37 PM

Well, I wanted Rocky or Champ like you suggested or maybe Clover but I said my hubby could choose as he is really getting into the tortoises now aswell. I often catch him sitting on the floor with them, lol :D And guess what he has chosen???? Lucky! (how boring) :lol::lol:

emma_mcraf 07-01-2012 06:44 PM

I just put Lucky little fella coming to live with you in my last post so I guess it's a perfect name for him. Hope he soon settles in Lynne. x

emma_mcraf 07-01-2012 06:45 PM

Oh and I think it's lovely your hubby loves the torts too. :)

Damita 07-01-2012 07:27 PM

ooo how exciting x travel well and cant wait to see piccs..... he sure is one lucky tort x

Easter Bunny 07-01-2012 07:34 PM

Hubby has had another name idea... RAMBO, LOL :lol: I suppose Rambo was a warrior.

I think husband thought of it because his uncle died last year and his nickname was Rambo x

So its either Lucky or Rambo. x

Watermelon 07-01-2012 07:45 PM

Congrats Lynne, cant wait to see photos!!! xx

Crwban 07-01-2012 08:08 PM

How exciting!!!

I like both names - each one suits a different quality (warrior and rescued).

What type of tortoise is it Lynne?
I can't wait for photos. I hope the shell damage isn't too bad.

Crwban

LUVLEE 07-01-2012 08:11 PM

see what he looks like when you get him home sometimes names don't suit the character.
You might change your mind when he arrives.
you certainly have the Tort bug Lynne wish I could take on a couple of rescue torts but hubby would go mad. I had Nutmeg over a week before I told him broke the news after he had had a couple of pints lol