Shelled Warriors Forums

Shelled Warriors Forums (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Events/Meetings (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Dick vet tortoise week (scotland) (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=52547)

Ozric Jonathan 09-09-2012 06:50 PM

Dick vet tortoise week (scotland)

The Exotic Animal and Wildlife Service of the Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies is putting on an event at the Hospital for small Animals, Easter Bush Veterinary Centre, Roslin, Midlothian, EH25 9RG.

Is is on the 19th September, Wednesday. The venue is outside Edinburgh. It will start at 7 and end about 8.30.

There will be lectures and free advice and care sheets available.

Phone to book a place 0131 650 7650.

Although Kevin Eatwell isn't down as a speaker he is usually there at these events. He is highly regarded as a tortoise vet.

I have been to the Royal Dick evenings before and they are good events.

Merlin M 10-09-2012 07:34 AM

Thanks for sharing that sounds quite interesting!

Alan1 10-09-2012 07:44 AM

We used to send timber to some research thing at Roslin, it wasn't the vets though, I can't remember what it was or what they needed the timber for or what kind of timber it was but we got regular orders from them over the years

Mighty_Quinn 10-09-2012 11:25 AM

Merlin it's your home city so you should go and take notes for all of us! I won't be able to go as my dad gets his knee replacement that day and I will be my mums chauffeur to the hospital. excellent vets so would be an excellent evening!

Merlin M 10-09-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mighty_Quinn (Post 564986)
Merlin it's your home city so you should go and take notes for all of us! I won't be able to go as my dad gets his knee replacement that day and I will be my mums chauffeur to the hospital. excellent vets so would be an excellent evening!

I will have to talk very nicely to my chauffeur and see if he will take me!

I would love to go though, particularly as it is so close!

Kirkie 11-09-2012 04:51 PM

This sounds excellent. I went to a talk by Jo Hedley from this vet school a couple of years ago. It was very good.

Ozric Jonathan 11-09-2012 10:54 PM

One of the speakers is Jo Hedley and the other one is Gidona Goodman.

I'm hoping to get there but the transport is a bit of an issue.

Andyb 12-09-2012 10:41 AM

Might pop along to this if I am not taxing small people around that night.

Alan1 12-09-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozric Jonathan (Post 565244)
One of the speakers is Jo Hedley and the other one is Gidona Goodman.

I'm hoping to get there but the transport is a bit of an issue.

I thought you had a bike, it wouldn't take wiggins long to whizz along the M8 :-)

Mighty_Quinn 12-09-2012 03:55 PM

Wish I could make it be good to meet few folk from here there.