Shelled Warriors Forums

Shelled Warriors Forums (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Any rubbish Christmas presents ? (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=73683)

Suze65 26-12-2015 05:22 PM

Any rubbish Christmas presents ?

Anyone got a really rubbish present this year, but felt obliged to say " oh that's lovely" . I haven't so far, but there's more to come next week !
Or a really fab present that you weren't expecting.

Gordon 27-12-2015 09:24 AM

I think the one I got was from the mother in law and for those of you who know me will agree it's pretty rubbish she got me a medium sized tshirt. I haven't been a medium for the last thirty years.:lol::lol::lol:

emma_mcraf 27-12-2015 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon (Post 661516)
I think the one I got was from the mother in law and for those of you who know me will agree it's pretty rubbish she got me a medium sized tshirt. I haven't been a medium for the last thirty years.:lol::lol::lol:

Perhaps it was a gentle hint. ;-)
Or maybe she was being kind and sees you as a medium. :lol:

No crap pressies here this year. I stopped buying for those who give crap gifts so we didn't receive any back. Result! :-D

Stellanne 27-12-2015 05:01 PM

I like to think when buying gifts there is some thought put into the process. Whether those thoughts are on the right wavelength is really up to the individual. x x x xhugs x x x

Jan W 27-12-2015 06:49 PM

Mmmm - I received some specialty mince pies on 26th December that expired on 25th December!

Did taste delicious though....

Jan

Alan1 27-12-2015 09:06 PM

I could never understand why folk buy presents for others such as clothes and aftershaves and perfumes. I think they are something that you choose for yourself according to whether you like them or not, if you don't like an item you wouldn't buy it so why do folk insist on thinking that they can read the minds of others :)

CherryBrandy 29-12-2015 11:57 AM

yes weird that Alan, and why bubble bath too...I just don't get it....is there a massive bubble bath making factory that pops up at Christmas and it plays a tune and attracts Christmas shoppers there by the droves.......why would people look at bubble bath in isolation of the millions of things you could get someone and think that would make a really good present? its magic I tell you... perfumes, bubble baths, cheese boards have all gone to charity shops over the years.....I guess that makes me feel better ! CB

(postnote....I didn't mean 'weird that ALan' Im sure you are not...)

Suze65 29-12-2015 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon (Post 661516)

Oh dear Gordon, that was a bit rubbish. I once was given a collinder/ sieve thing! That was pretty uninspiring. I always like clothes from my mum and sister, they always get me something nice. And from my hubby, I just point at the things I like and hopefully I might get some of them. I've been very lucky this year.

Crwban 29-12-2015 07:04 PM

Not this year, but one year my then partner gave me a car cleaning kit. I thought he was joking, he thought my car needed a wash.

Strangely enough, we didn't make it to the next Christmas!!!!

Crwban

Alan1 29-12-2015 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CherryBrandy (Post 661587)
yes weird that Alan, and why bubble bath too...I just don't get it....is there a massive bubble bath making factory that pops up at Christmas and it plays a tune and attracts Christmas shoppers there by the droves.......why would people look at bubble bath in isolation of the millions of things you could get someone and think that would make a really good present? its magic I tell you... perfumes, bubble baths, cheese boards have all gone to charity shops over the years.....I guess that makes me feel better ! CB

(postnote....I didn't mean 'weird that ALan' Im sure you are not...)

no I'm really really weird :lol: