Shelled Warriors Forums

Shelled Warriors Forums (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Weather (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=74610)

CherryBrandy 14-09-2017 06:26 PM

Weather

Generally it has rained, sun , showers, rain, sun and back to rain for the last week.

What yo yo weather this year. :???:

my lot are practically asleep despite sun on occasion, CB

tortydat 14-09-2017 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CherryBrandy (Post 673038)
Generally it has rained, sun , showers, rain, sun and back to rain for the last week.

What yo yo weather this year. :???:

my lot are practically asleep despite sun on occasion, CB

The rain seems to be getting heavier each time and it's very chilly over night so apart from my Hermanns mine have decided it's time to go to sleep.

sandy 14-09-2017 07:24 PM

We have had winds, and cloudy and sunny days. Not too much rain.
Hubby is having to water newly scattered grass seeds to help the germination.
Definitely getting chilly at night and early morning:0)

Suze65 15-09-2017 08:08 AM

Autumn seems to have come over night, and mine are all shutting down much earlier this year, I'm sure they will be asleep before the end of October this year, which is quite early.

sandy 15-09-2017 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suze65 (Post 673044)
Autumn seems to have come over night, and mine are all shutting down much earlier this year, I'm sure they will be asleep before the end of October this year, which is quite early.

I will be lucky if mine actually get to the end of this month:0(

Gordon 15-09-2017 10:06 AM

I have heating on in the greenhouse now and with luck they will stay up a bit longer and will be fitting a new heating system in the leopards shed even though the cold weather isn't bothering them much but maybe is because they are big and don't cool down so quick who knows.

Jan W 15-09-2017 08:56 PM

In spite of lamps they are winding down. I can't even tempt them with rocket flowers.

It was 6 degrees this morning outside their shed!

summerangel 16-09-2017 09:42 PM

It's been so cold here. The tortoises have had their lamps on in the greenhouse, but they know Autumn is knocking on the door... i don't think they will want to be awake for much longer.
It started raining here just before lunch time and hasn't stopped! Oh god I hate the rain, I hate Autumn and I hate winter...
I think I should of been a tortoise.
I'm off to sulk!! Miserable bleeding weather...

Jan W 17-09-2017 09:34 PM

Typical - the weather forecast is saying it could be 20 degrees on Wednesday and staying warm!

However, wonderful clear sky tonight and prediction of a ground frost.

sandy 17-09-2017 09:43 PM

Its been a lovely day here in Kent, sun shinning:0)
But temps have dropped quite a lot tonight, Winter is on its way:0(