Shelled Warriors Forums

Shelled Warriors Forums (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Caresheets/Links/Books (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   MBD book in German (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=73872)

Arcadiajohn 01-04-2016 11:47 AM

MBD book in German

So, I've taken the plunge into the confusing world of Ebooks. As such, my first book, which has only been available in print in English is now also available via the usual method in GERMAN :-) as an Ebook. Just thought any German speakers may be interested.

So strange to see one of my books on a screen and even stranger when I cannot read it myself :-)

www.amazon.com/dp/B01DO6QQ4K

John,

CherryBrandy 01-04-2016 12:00 PM

Nice one John ! that's really fantastic you must be so proud. Im loving the lizard on front cover? is he yours, what's his name?

I will try translate into English if can. CB

Arcadiajohn 01-04-2016 02:08 PM

We are also releasing the English version and it is commonly available at your local store in actual print :-)

It was owned by. Jamie of chameleoco and was called "Bubblegum"

John

Quote:

Originally Posted by CherryBrandy (Post 663870)
Nice one John ! that's really fantastic you must be so proud. Im loving the lizard on front cover? is he yours, what's his name?

I will try translate into English if can. CB

CherryBrandy 01-04-2016 04:05 PM

thank goodness for print. Cant bear kindle sorry ! I am actually in love with a Chameleon called Bubblegum though I am sure your book is fab ! Might get it just for Bubblegum's photograph.

Arcadiajohn 01-04-2016 07:05 PM

Great reason!

Gordon 02-04-2016 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arcadiajohn (Post 663878)
We are also releasing the English version and it is commonly available at your local store in actual print :-)

It was owned by. Jamie of chameleoco and was called "Bubblegum"

John

As in one of those old fashioned paper things wow!!! I'm off to book mine now can't be doing with trying to read electronic books there is no better feeling than a real book in one hand and a cup of tea in the other.

emma_mcraf 02-04-2016 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon (Post 663929)
As in one of those old fashioned paper things wow!!! I'm off to book mine now can't be doing with trying to read electronic books there is no better feeling than a real book in one hand and a cup of tea in the other.

Hmmm.....you taking the p**s?
You're quote is exactly what I say. :lol:
My vice is books. Not shoes and handbags but books. There really is nothing like a book in one hand and a cuppa in the other. Not that I get that sort of peace and quiet often enough. :lol:

I'm so glad we're on the same wavelength, Gordon. ;-)

Gordon 02-04-2016 10:04 AM

Nope not taking the pith I don't do much reading to be honest but when it's animal related I do like to read.
It's always there when you want it unlike when you find an article on the Web unless you save it you can never remember where the heck you found it.:lol:

emma_mcraf 02-04-2016 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon (Post 663931)
Nope not taking the pith I don't do much reading to be honest but when it's animal related I do like to read.
It's always there when you want it unlike when you find an article on the Web unless you save it you can never remember where the heck you found it.:lol:

I know what you mean. My mother-in-law recently advised me to do an inventory of the entire house. Just listing the books would take me weeks and weeks! :lol:

She loves her Kindle but I'm an old fashioned gal and love my paper books. My daughter is exactly the same. I would dread to count how many we've actually got but I reckon in excess of 1000. :oops:

Arcadiajohn 03-04-2016 12:48 PM

So glad to see all this it means I'm not mad myself. I have a large collection myself.

Can you believe I have been quite abused online because of my refusal to have Ebooks.

This MBD book is around 4 years old and was only available in print in English. Likewise it is only available in German as an ebook and not in print. So it will be a good test of the whole situation.

My second book which is over twice the length is only available in English in print. No ebook version as yet. This is called "The Arcadia Guide to reptile and Amphibian Nutrition"

My latest book, near 400 pages is due out in print only in May. This is to be called "Bio-Activity and the Theory of Wild Re-Creation"

I can't wait to get it in my hands, the weight, smell, feel of new print :-)

John