Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > egyptiandan64

Conversation Between egyptiandan64 and jennifer fleming
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5
  1. jennifer fleming
    03-02-2019 06:33 PM
    jennifer fleming
    Hi Danny,the last time I spoken to you was in 2015 about Ozzy and Oscar my torts not sure if you will remember me, Oscar my boy is doing brilliant, Ozzy my big big girl is brilliant apart from producing all these eggs she can lay every three months, I take her to the vet to get x-rayed because I know the signs when she is ready to lay, she gets very unsettled I give her plenty places to nest but it doesn't happen the vet gives her an injection to help my big fear is if they get stuck, the vet is talking about giving her an implant but not sure how long it will work for its just to give her a rest, what do you think, as over the last few years she has had a good few eggs and am 100% he isn't near her as when they are together they are under watch lol ,thank you Jennifer
  2. egyptiandan64
    07-11-2013 01:12 AM
    egyptiandan64
    Your not being a pest Yes you can do one soak with critical care and one with poo. That will help things get going faster and give Oscar some needed calories

Your very welcome
  3. jennifer fleming
    06-11-2013 07:39 PM
    jennifer fleming
    Hi Danny, am sorry I have taken a few days to get back to you, I have taken your advise and bathed Oscar in Ozzy's poo but also I had appointment with the exotic vet as I wasn't very sure when you would get back to me, I had wrote down what you advised me what to do, the vet was very surprised this had happened with just worming him, so what he did was made a paste with Ozzy's poo and put it down Oscar's mouth by syringe so he can get into his gut quicker, so I have to continue bathing him in Ozzy's poo for the next few days to get the bacteria into his gut, he is slowly starting to eat a wee bit more but he is very active which I don't understand, do you think I should bath him in some critical care as well, maybe once in Ozzy's poo one day then the other critical care to build up the bacteria in his gut, am sorry for being a pest but where I stay no one has any tortoise's for advise and am glad for your help
    Thank you Jennifer
  4. egyptiandan64
    30-03-2013 10:17 PM
    egyptiandan64
    How pale is his mouth?
  5. jennifer fleming
    30-03-2013 09:58 PM
    jennifer fleming
    Hi Danny, Oscar is doing fine now gaining weight, but over the last few days i have noticed Ozzy is pale in his mouth, i dont understand because he still is eating and moving around, what do you think.