PDA

View Full Version : Habistat dimming night and day

emmajh
13-06-2013, 09:28 AM
Has anyone got this? I've just ordered it and it says you can use it with the nig eye or with a timer. Does it work fine with a normal timer switch thing or is it worth shelli out for the night eye? Thanks

Catwoman63
13-06-2013, 09:51 AM
I havent got this one, but i have the twin habistat, and ive tried timers on them but i think the power is not enough to turn the timer as sometimes it would be 5 o clock in the evening and the timer said 12pm, so it wasnt moving around, id quite often found the shed heat light still on past 8 o clock at night, so i had to remove the timers and resorted back to manually switching the heat lights off and on. The uv starter is on a timer as that isnt connected to a thermostat x

emmajh
13-06-2013, 10:03 AM
Thanks cat this particular stat says it can be used with a timer that's why I wondered whether to use a timer or fork out for the night eye thing, I'm going away in August so want to get it all set up by then

Merlin M
13-06-2013, 10:04 AM
I just have a dimming thermostat, but I put the timer before the thermostat, works well...

emmajh
13-06-2013, 10:15 AM
Hmmm interesting merlin thank you

Merlin M
13-06-2013, 10:20 AM
I do wonder where it would go for the night day thermostat, but sure that will be clear when it comes!!

Anita Sayles
13-06-2013, 10:36 AM
Has anyone got this? I've just ordered it and it says you can use it with the nig eye or with a timer. Does it work fine with a normal timer switch thing or is it worth shelli out for the night eye? Thanks

I have a Habistat Day and Night Pulse Proportional Thermostat, you can use a timer for the 'night hours'. I didn't bother with the night eye.
Comes with full instructions and pretty simple to set up.
Monitor your temps though and don't rely on the thermostat dial - as they tend to run a little cooler, than what it says on the actual dial.

emmajh
13-06-2013, 11:01 AM
Thanks Anita, I have the standard pulse one for my incubator and have found it runs slightly cooler as well. Thank you

Catwoman63
20-06-2013, 09:01 AM
I just have a dimming thermostat, but I put the timer before the thermostat, works well...

You know i never thought of doing that! how stupid am I, it must be my brain lol. It is a pain having to switch the basking light on, but im wondering if i should change the twin thermostat to 2 single ones now so that i can have them plugged into timers.......it will cost alot for 4 single habistats! unless i keep the twin ones installed for the night time heat and get 2 single ones for each shed for the dimming habistat then i can plug them into a timer.....vwalaa! x