PDA

View Full Version : HELLO FROM SUNNY LIVERPOOL

DAISY
04-06-2007, 09:06 PM
HI EVERYONE. I JUST WANT TO SAY WHAT AN AMAZING SITE THIS IS. I STUMBLED ACROSS YOU BY ACCIDENT LAST WEEK WHEN I WAS LOOKING FOR A LARGER VIV FOR MY TORTOISE.YES I KNOW.VIV. :evil: ABOUT TEN YEARS AGO I STUMBLED ACROSS DAISY ( THATS IF SHE IS A GIRL)IN A PET SHOP.YES I KNOW THATS ANOTHER MINUS POINT FOR ME.I KNEW NOTHING ABOUT TORTOISES BUT DECIDED TO FULFIL MY HUSBANDS DREAM OF OWNING ONE AND I GOT HER.SHE CAME COMPLETE WITH A SET OF INSTRUCTIONS.. HOW NIEVE WAS I.I DID GO OUT AND GET SOME BOOKS AND RELIGIOUSLY FOLLOWED THEIR ADVICE.I LOVE ALL MY PETS AND WANTED TO DO EVERYTHING RIGHT.NOW I FIND SHE HAS BEEN HOUSED BADLY,FED BADLY AND ALL IN ALL I HAVE COMPLETLY FAILED HER. I AM SO WORRIED AND UPSET BY THE DAMAGE I HAVE PROBABLY DONE HER. TODAY I WENT OUT AND PURCHASED THE LARGEST INDOOR GUINEA PIG CAGE I COULD FIND AND HAVE FOLLOWED THE EXAMPLES I HAVE SEEN ON THIS SITE FOR ITS SET UP..AT THE MOMENT SHE STILL HAS HER UV STRIP LIGHT AND A BASKING LIGHT BUT I FOLLOWED ONE OF YOUR LINKS AND HAVE PURCHASED A T REX UV HEAT FLOOD(THINK THATS WOT ITS CALLED) AND HAVE PAID THE EXTRA FOR IT TO BE DELIVERD TOMOROW.MY BUILDER HAS BEEN ROUND TO LOOK AT THE AREA OF GARDEN I HAVE CHOSEN FOR AN OUTDOOR ENCLOSURE (PREVIOUSLY SHE JUST CAME OUT IN THE GARDEN WITH US ON SUNNY DAYS). AND I HAVE ORDERD PLENTY OF SEEDS FROM SHELLED WARRIORS.I AM GOING TO FIND HER A VET. SHE HAS NEVER EVEN BEEN WORMED. I HAD NEVER EVEN SEEN WORMING REFFERD TO BEFORE. AND SHE JUST NORMALY GETS CHECKED OVER BY MY NORMAL VET . DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS THAT COULD HELP BENEFIT MY POOR DAISY WHO IS VERY LOVED BUT SADLY NOT BEEN AS WELL CARED FOR AS I THOUGHT.I THINK SHES A RUSSIAN. THATS WHAT I WAS TOLD BUT WHEN I FIND OUT HOW I WILL POST HER PIC ON THE SEX AND SPECIES SECTION AND MAYBE SOMEONE CAN HELP.SORRY FOR SUCH A LONG INTRODUCTION AND PLEASE DONT ALL SHOUT AT ONCE.
RACH
P.S BAGS OF PLAY SAND ARE REALLY HEAVY

tortsncatsrule
04-06-2007, 09:12 PM
Hi Daisy, i wont shout at you, but you are shouting at us by using CAPITALS all the time! Hurts my eyes!

Welcome to the site BTW!

sarah
04-06-2007, 09:22 PM
Hiya and a warm welcome to the site. I must say it has made my day reading your post. This is what Darren and I set this forum up to get the correct information out to tortoise keepers. I am so so happy you have made these changes, you will see a great deal of difference in your tortoise now.

Well done you!

cruzer
04-06-2007, 09:33 PM
Big welcome to SW :D :lol: hope you find out everything you now need to make her a happy tort and you a happy and confident owner xxx well done for changing for the better !!

aprillinda
04-06-2007, 09:39 PM
hi rach :D
hi daisy :D

a big warm welcome to shelled warriors

what a great introduction
you are definatly going to see a happier and healthier tort :D
your positive changes have just added many many many years to your torts life :D :D

tortoiseguy
04-06-2007, 10:06 PM
its so great to read all the changes that you are putting into place in such a short time. All the things you are doing are great and your tortoise will benefit so much. Well done

summerangel
05-06-2007, 10:28 AM
Hi Rach :D , Hi Daisy :D
Welcome to the SW. People are so friendly on here :D
Don't give yourself such a hard time , you thought you was doing what was best for Daisy and now you know different to that... You have made changes and that's good :D :D

Julia

Pussygalore
05-06-2007, 10:41 AM
welcome and do write your questions etc on the other forums you will get better response there every one reads them

Glitter
05-06-2007, 11:17 AM
Hi rach, Hi Daisy :P :P :P

Welcome to the forum.

Have a good look around and then post ANY questions you have in the relevant sections....you will sure to get a response.. and we all learn from other peoples questions.

Nice to have you on board.
Deb

DAISY
05-06-2007, 11:33 AM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.And thanks for making me feel a bit better.
Daisy loves her new home, particulary her log roll which i made into a hide.She keeps climbing it over and over.
Apologies for writing in capitals on my origional posting. i'll get the hang of this sooner or later.
i have another question on ragwort but i gonna go check out the forum to find the correct place to put it.
rach

tortsncatsrule
05-06-2007, 01:25 PM
Hiya again Daisy! Lower case letters now i see, much less strenuous on the eyes! Thanks for that! :wink:

:)

KearasNana
05-06-2007, 08:41 PM
Hello a big warm welcome to SW from me! :D

skewbald
05-06-2007, 08:46 PM
hello hello hello hello hello! :D

Well done... Sounds like you've been busy! Don't beat yourself up about the care you've given your tort. You thought you were doing the right thing. Just feel happy that you made changes so quickly when you found out the info given originally was wrong.

Good for you!!

I'm sure Daisy will love her new indoor and outdoor homes. Glad she likes her log roll. You'll have to post some pics for us!

Take Care and Have Fun

Verity xxxxxxxx

shelliejunior
06-06-2007, 11:23 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Becks
06-06-2007, 02:59 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum xx

Henry-flash
06-06-2007, 04:18 PM
Welcome to Shelled Warriors :D

polo
06-06-2007, 11:21 PM
hello , welcome to shelled warriors

laine21
08-06-2007, 03:01 PM
Hi and welcome, I have found everyone on here so helpful and friendly. I know just what you mean about the play sand, I went to Argos in Birkenhead, with my daughter (19) and unfortunately she couldn't help me with it....she had just had her nails done :roll:
Laraine

niamherrity
08-06-2007, 03:34 PM
Hello and welcome from me :D

Eire_Ade
09-07-2007, 12:44 AM
Hi Rach,

Welcome to shelled warriors, its fantastic to hear the good things that shelled warriors is doing for tortoise welfare.

Ade :wink: