PDA

View Full Version : Can I Hold out?

BeatBeat
01-12-2012, 05:28 PM
I decided to hibinate the girls for a few weeks this year so I stopped feeding at the weekend and have been reducing temp and length basking light is on. Monday they came out as usually looking for breakfast then supper but have been quiet and slept for most of the rest of the time. However this morning they've been out hunting for food and looking at me with those apealing eyes, that say where is our breakfast? I don't know if I can hold out or not? Will they really be OK without food for a few weeks more?

Easter Bunny
01-12-2012, 10:28 PM
I'm having exactly the same thoughts. I started winding down my 5 females the weekend. Three of them are starting to sleep more but I have two that are searching for food, I can't look at them as I feel cruel. If they see me they come running over to me.:( I'm hoping they will soon settle. xx

Catwoman63
02-12-2012, 08:20 AM
Lilly was still looking for food during First week of Wind down as the heat and light in the shed she was still active, i would Open the shed door and she would Start to make a move to me for food, i felt guilty and closed the shed door, the adults didnt get up at all, it Does get easier when the heat and light are reduced as she stopped coming over and was less active and final week was very sleepy, i was tempted to Feed her in the First week as it was very difficult but i Held out x