PDA

View Full Version : recording weight etc

pagan queen
21-10-2012, 12:47 PM
Could we have an area where we can record the weights and sizes of our torts?
I recently had to reset my computer and forgot to save my tortoise records. I have posts on here that mention the weights etc but trawling through my post is a mammoth task.
I've seen a forum (poetry) where you can store your poems for your own reference, is that feasible?

ClareandCo
21-10-2012, 02:59 PM
Piece of paper and a fridge magnet are what we use!

emma_mcraf
21-10-2012, 04:28 PM
I've got a notebook and fill it in each time they're weighed and measured. It's a nice visual way of seeing their progress. The Jackman Ratio charts are stuck in there too.
Just me fulfilling my stationery fetish....;)

pagan queen
21-10-2012, 04:38 PM
I had them written down but the note book seems to have wandered off. Kian probably made paper planes out of it. :lol:

I had charts on my laptop and forgot to save them to my memory stick when I got a virus and had to reset everything.

emma_mcraf
21-10-2012, 06:35 PM
We had a virus earlier this year and lost quite a bit of stuff but thankfully the computer engineer managed to get most of it back. I'm useless at remembering to back it up.

Catwoman63
21-10-2012, 08:31 PM
I have a notebook for each tortoise kept in a draw in my bedroom with the charts, calculator tape measure and digital scales.......so I don't mislay them anywhere lol x

Pussygalore
22-10-2012, 09:22 AM
I had a filing box for my torts details, papers, weights, dates etc I don't trust my computer with things I need to keep, I also have a box for the car, one for important papers and another for bills. I always like to know where they are.

Alan1
22-10-2012, 01:05 PM
Piece of paper and a fridge magnet are what we use!

a pen would be a bit easier than a fridge magnet surely

pagan queen
22-10-2012, 01:08 PM
All very good ideas but what if the unthinkable happened and there was a flood or a fire and we lost all the records? If it was online we would still have them. Like all my photos, I have over a thousand on photobucket and know they are safe.

Alan1
22-10-2012, 01:09 PM
a football forum I used to frequent had a section in your profile area which was titled 'Notes' and it allowed to to keep text in there for whatever reason. It was only seen by the user. It was the same forum host as this one

pagan queen
22-10-2012, 01:11 PM
a football forum I used to frequent had a section in your profile area which was titled 'Notes' and it allowed to to keep text in there for whatever reason. It was only seen by the user. It was the same forum host as this one
That's the kind of thing Alan, is it feasible?

ClareandCo
22-10-2012, 01:16 PM
a pen would be a bit easier than a fridge magnet surely

Witty aren't you?

Alan1
22-10-2012, 01:28 PM
That's the kind of thing Alan, is it feasible?

I don't think so or it would be there already, there are also some other differences, maybe this is a different version of vBulletin or something

pagan queen
22-10-2012, 01:35 PM
I don't think so or it would be there already, there are also some other differences, maybe this is a different version of vBulletin or something
Shame. Maybe there is some site where I could store records etc. I'll have a look around.

pagan queen
22-10-2012, 04:29 PM
Google do a great service where you can create files and do save data. All free. :grin:

Alan1
22-10-2012, 06:03 PM
Yes if you have a Google email account there are other things there like document and drive and stuff. I have never actually done anything on it, too complicated for me :)