PDA

View Full Version : Hi Anyone on Wirral? near to Chester or North Wales?

laine21
24-04-2007, 11:18 AM
Hi my name is Laraine, I am planning to get some tortoises in the near future, I have enrolled for the TT online course, and I want to set up the best environment for my tortoises. Does anyone live reasonably near to me that would let me come and see their tortoise home, we want to get it right first time. I have been reading all the different advise on the different websites and seen lots of pictures, but would really love to see a real tortoise environment.
thanks and fingers crossed
Laraine

sarah
24-04-2007, 11:28 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum.

aprillinda
24-04-2007, 12:54 PM
hi laraine :D

a big warm welcome from me

HarryHermioneRonGinny
24-04-2007, 01:39 PM
Hi Laraine

Sorry we are not near you :(

Welcome to SW :D

If you do not have your tortoises yet, please may I ask you to go to a reputable UK breeder and do not get an import, there are lots of breeders in the Uk and some right here on SW who I am sure wold be more than happy to help. :D

laine21
24-04-2007, 03:45 PM
No I don't have my new little friends just yet, my partner Richard is going to create a mesh or wire covered outside enclosure for me for them to play during the day, with lots of little areas for them to play and hide in safety. I want to have it all set up before I get them. I saw a local-ish breeder on this website and am halfway through writing her an email to see if she has any babies that will be ready to move to a new home soon. I can't wait, my two daughters (age 22 and 19) think their mother is nuts! but I bet they will fall in love with them when they see them. I am even thinking about names, so they can have a name plaque on their enclosure!

HarryHermioneRonGinny
24-04-2007, 04:15 PM
No I don't have my new little friends just yet, my partner Richard is going to create a mesh or wire covered outside enclosure for me for them to play during the day, with lots of little areas for them to play and hide in safety. I want to have it all set up before I get them. I saw a local-ish breeder on this website and am halfway through writing her an email to see if she has any babies that will be ready to move to a new home soon. I can't wait, my two daughters (age 22 and 19) think their mother is nuts! but I bet they will fall in love with them when they see them. I am even thinking about names, so they can have a name plaque on their enclosure!

Really happy to here that Laraine, have you any idea of what you are after, if you get babies you will need an indoor enclosure to, but I am sure a breeder will advise you of all that especially if they are on this site. :D

KearasNana
24-04-2007, 10:30 PM
Hello and welcome :D

Sorry I live in Kent so I am to far away! but stick with this site and you wont go far wrong :D

yam yam
26-04-2007, 05:55 PM
hi and welcome :D :D

dizzywend
26-04-2007, 08:40 PM
Hi and welcome
I am in Lancs which isnt too far and you are more than welcome to come here and see my enclosures.
meanwhile have you looked at members enclosures on this site? there are some fantastic ideas there.

Good for you for doing your research first.

Wendy

Eire_Ade
02-05-2007, 01:27 AM
Hi Laraine, welcome to shelled warriors.

You can see some great set ups of housing in the housing section, there is a sticky section there with inddor and outdoor enclosures for ideas.

Ade :wink:

Becks
02-05-2007, 08:27 AM
Hello and a BIG warm welcome to the forum :D