PDA

View Full Version : Sanctuaries or Zoos?

bugaloo_tortoise
24-07-2012, 11:09 AM
Hi there!

I'm posting on behalf of my girlfriend who is at work. Basically, she (or rather her sister) has a 6 year old Horsefield Tortoise. But sadly, both are leaving the country to live and work abroad for a few years, and taking him with either of them isn't really an option. The parents do not want to look after him themselves. So poor old Charlie will sadly have to find a new home :(

Ideally we'd like him to have a nice life where he can have an outside enclosure - there isn't really room for one in my girlfriend's garden, and we don't get the best tortoise weather in Ormskirk! Failing that, a large indoor enclosure of some kind - he's outgrown his current tortoise table :(

Does any one know of any sanctuaries (or maybe Zoos) which would take Charlie the life he deserves?

longbowassassin
24-07-2012, 12:39 PM
hello and welcome. do you have any photos of him because you might get interest in him off here, good luck BTW.

TillyTortoise
24-07-2012, 01:00 PM
hello and welcome. do you have any photos of him because you might get interest in him off here, good luck BTW.

I agree, you might be better off re-homing him to someone on here. Good luck.

Nitwit
24-07-2012, 07:16 PM
Hi there!

I'm posting on behalf of my girlfriend who is at work. Basically, she (or rather her sister) has a 6 year old Horsefield Tortoise. But sadly, both are leaving the country to live and work abroad for a few years, and taking him with either of them isn't really an option. The parents do not want to look after him themselves. So poor old Charlie will sadly have to find a new home :(

Ideally we'd like him to have a nice life where he can have an outside enclosure - there isn't really room for one in my girlfriend's garden, and we don't get the best tortoise weather in Ormskirk! Failing that, a large indoor enclosure of some kind - he's outgrown his current tortoise table :(

Does any one know of any sanctuaries (or maybe Zoos) which would take Charlie the life he deserves?

Where are you? I am sure loads of people on here would love him as horsfields are goregous

samincornwall
25-07-2012, 06:07 PM
Hi I live in Cornwall but am in London regularly, if you are near either of those
places I would be happy to help! Mine have large inside and outside enclosures and are very happy!!

Easter Bunny
25-07-2012, 06:09 PM
Think he lives in Lancashire. x