PDA

View Full Version : Potm

x.froggy.x
25-08-2010, 07:38 PM
Hiya everyone,
I was just wondering wether it would be possible for this forum to have a Picture of the month (POTM) competition? (Possibly like the one RFUK has?)
Thank you in advance, Georgia :)

Neddy
25-08-2010, 07:41 PM
Georgia, I think this is a fab idea :)

x.froggy.x
25-08-2010, 07:51 PM
Georgia, I think this is a fab idea :)

Thank you! :)

TortBabe
25-08-2010, 11:59 PM
I agree, we could have a lot of fun with this :p

Miller07
26-08-2010, 01:21 AM
ooh that would be good =D x

harwood09
26-08-2010, 10:32 AM
A good idea but do people to want it to be just like the RFUK one?

What I mean is as a competition with prizes? If you do then you will have to do some searching to find some sponsors for it, and I see that being tricky as all the pics on this site are most likely going to be all tortoises (not a bad thing in my view)

Or do we want it like the quiz and just a bit of fun?

freakinmental
26-08-2010, 11:58 AM
i think its a good idea too and if people did want a prize it could maybe be something little and simple like a pkt of weed seeds from the SW shop??? ( sorry Sarah suggesting u give ur seeds away here!)

Miller07
26-08-2010, 12:11 PM
A good idea but do people to want it to be just like the RFUK one?

What I mean is as a competition with prizes? If you do then you will have to do some searching to find some sponsors for it, and I see that being tricky as all the pics on this site are most likely going to be all tortoises (not a bad thing in my view)

Or do we want it like the quiz and just a bit of fun?

I think just for a bit of fun would be good :-D maybe Just have something made up for the winners to add to they're signiture area :wink:

x.froggy.x
26-08-2010, 01:58 PM
[QUOTE=Miller07;404102]I think just for a bit of fun would be good :-D maybe Just have something made up for the winners to add to they're signiture area :wink:[/QUOTE

Yeah that sounds like a good idea, and we could have a leaderboard! :grin: Each month we could choose a different theme, EG- outdoors, habitat, ect!

Pussygalore
26-08-2010, 04:35 PM
there used to be a monthly photo competition but the entries got less and less and it came to a sad end.plus someone has to organise it and the mods already have enough on their plates.

EquestrianBabe
26-08-2010, 06:38 PM
A fantastic idea, but I think we'd have to check with the moderators/administrators first. Maybe now there is loads more new members, more people would enter. I, for one, know I would enjoy it, but I have only one problem; I can't upload photo's to my mini laptop. But once I get a big laptop for Christmas, I can enter. But I would have great fun voting on photo's. Fingers crossed the mods and admin's consider this x :-D