PDA

View Full Version : Guest book- Please sign

sarah
22-02-2007, 02:34 PM
Please sign the guest book (this post) to tell us what you think of the forum, any improvements that need to be made etc.

Thanks you

Shelled Warriors Team.

Eire_Ade
22-02-2007, 03:57 PM
This is a great friendly site, I love it because of the good advice given and great tortoise keepers as members using it.

I would also like to say how easy the forum is to use unlike the yahoo type groups which are also very informative but not as user friendly in my opinion.

Well done Sarah, Andy and Piglet for setting it up.

Ade :wink:

leggy
22-02-2007, 04:17 PM
I agree with Ade. This is a great site. Its not at all clicky. I cant think of any improvements you could make

Henry-flash
22-02-2007, 04:27 PM
Well I have been here since the very beginning and have watched the site grow and develop, through the good and sometimes not so good times :lol: :roll:
I have made so many good friends here (you know who you are) and will always be very thankful to Sarah, Jeff, Dan and especially Darren, who were very supportive and helpful when I first arrived at MH and made me feel very welcome. I wouldn't be where I am now without them.

tamsintd
22-02-2007, 05:02 PM
I love SW, it is such a nice friendly place, and good advice is always given! :D
I agree with Ade, this is very user-friendly! ( I can't navigate the yahoo groups! :roll: :lol: )

Well done to everyone for making this site such a success!

Glitter
22-02-2007, 10:52 PM
In my humble opinion... having trawled the net for tortoise sites... this is by far the most informative, well organised and friendly.

I am proud to be part of the SW Team.

spyork
27-02-2007, 07:15 AM
Just wanted to say since my wife Bride2B wanting tortoises and me building the table for her and getting to know the knowledge about owning and the upkeep of tortoises, I can honestly say I am hooked and love looking after our 2 baby HTB's. The dogs r slightly jealous but hey they will have to share us now. This site is a must to any new owners or someone starting out, it is a real credit to the site owner's and all the moderator's and all it's member's, who I have found to be very helpful and kind espicially to a new tortoise dad like myself. Thanks for all your help. Steve.
http://upload6.postimage.org/460884/PICT0021.jpg (http://upload6.postimage.org/460884/photo_hosting.html)

niamherrity
27-02-2007, 10:03 AM
I agree sw is the best tortoise site .All these guy's helped me so much, I was lost when i joined this site having discovered all the things i was doing wrong. After all the bad advice i was given by the petshop were i bought henny, Step by step these guy's helped me never making me feel bad or stupid when i asked questions. Thanks to sw she's a very happy healthy little tortoise :D xxxxxxxx

nessie
31-03-2007, 10:27 PM
i love it here i cant wait to see what i learn next im totally addicted and i must say it often keeps me up way past my bed time :lol:

rachel30b
01-04-2007, 08:52 AM
come on here numerous times of the day, to have a look, by far the best information and forum site on the net, having trawled the net for tort info for the last seven months

the above says it all really :lol:

KearasNana
10-04-2007, 09:42 PM
Since I got my torts I have become completely addicted to them and this site! :D

I have gained so much information from this site and made some friends and ultimately my torts have benefited

Long live SW :lol:

tortsncatsrule
10-04-2007, 09:51 PM
I have learned loads since joining! Thanks!

I post on a diet site where you can leave reputation points for posts that you approve of, it works really well, it motivates people to post, and helps new people to see who is knowledgable. Just an idea!

Cheffi
10-04-2007, 10:07 PM
Excellent forum. Full of knowledgable people who, if they don't know the answers themselves...know a man/woman who does. Keep up the good work SW. :D

2me2u
10-04-2007, 10:13 PM
I can stay on here for hours and find out infomation (by going through others posts and seeing their ideas and whatnot). I love it, its so friendly and everyone tries to help so much.

but i am really upset on how some people do not respect others... saying they shouldnt be allowed to have a pet at their age... i am ashamed of that and very sick by this.

Respect everyone like the way you would want to be respected.

babyboo
10-04-2007, 11:33 PM
Totally addicted to this site....Able to pick up tips from like-minded people,
Peace of mind knowing im able to seek advice from people with extensive knowledge if i have a problem or just need reassurance,
As a responsible tortoise owner im proud to be a member of Shelled Warriors , giving the best care to Tinky & Louis
with the help of others on this site....thank you Shelled Warriors :D

Boo :D

aprillinda
11-04-2007, 02:11 AM
it is so lovely to see all of the comments :D :D

im totally addicted :lol: :lol:

its 2 in the morning and im still here

after just finishing a lovely chat with danny

from whom i learnt and will learn loads xx

Nickynoodles
18-04-2007, 01:54 PM
I think this is a wonderful site - I never feel embarrassed to ask a question (no matter how silly it may be) no one looks down on you, the support is phenomenal and not one person is above themselves. I thank all of you for this site, for the people who set it up, the people who run it and the people who post on it!!!

I don't know where I would be without you all xxxxx :wink:

PS the only ONE comment I could make is that I wish the very small minority of people that ask for help and then defend their actions. Enough said :!:

HarryHermioneRonGinny
18-04-2007, 02:16 PM
well I never did sign the guest book so here goes. :lol:

This is the best site I have been on :D (and I have been on few) :lol: the people here are just so friendly and nice. :D

The advice and help people are able to give is just fantastic, :D my torts have a much better life for the advice that I have been given and I really hope that I can pass some of that knowledge on. 8)

veebee
19-04-2007, 01:09 AM
I too have been here since the beginning (and the fore runner sites!!) and it is brill !!! I have
learned so much, made loads of great friends and if it werent for Darren probably wouldnt
have had another tortoise after the death of my first :cry: Everyone is so friendly with no
bitching :wink: So cheers to everyone :D

Vivienne

kim davies
19-04-2007, 08:34 AM
great site! :D id like to thank kel for telling me about it.otherwise i would never have found this great site full of lovely people.
kim.x :D

Dougal
19-04-2007, 05:23 PM
Just wanted to say that I've only been on here a couple of weeks, and everyone is so friendly and helpful!

I felt stupid (initially) posting silly 'beginners' questions, but soon realised that I suppose we all have to start somewhere - so to everyone that answered - THANK YOU!!!!!

Blaze
21-04-2007, 03:35 PM
Me too! I love the site! I was a very nervous beggginer with loads of questions and everyone on shelled warriors are really supportive.
Wether it was really simple questions about food, or subs to medical advice. Or even just a reply when i'm showing off pictures! There's always someone there!

The forum is fab! I can't see any improvments at all that could be made! :D Good job everyone!

Cpx
22-04-2007, 12:25 PM
The sites great, got some great people and helpful people on here.
:D

cruzer
14-06-2007, 09:52 PM
This site has shown me so much
/And made me want to know more
thanks
sharon

laine21
14-06-2007, 09:58 PM
I love coming on this site, everyone is so friendly and helpful, I have learned so much and am still learning, I started visiting the site before I got my tortoises, and thanks to all of you I felt able to volunteer to take on my babies, I knew there would always be someone I could ask for help and get it. Dazza was wonderful in getting my 'supplies' out to me in time for my Leopards coming home, Darren (Piglett) was so helpful, listening to me, and Sarah for my weed seeds, and figured the postal order was from me, despite not one personal detail in the envelope, my friends and family think I am nuts cultivating weeds! Tortoiseguy for picking up my tortoises from Tamie, Tamie for giving me the chance to look after my quads. I love having so many new friends. I log on to the site a couple of times a day, to read the posts and to see the pictures, and best of all to chat to my new friends. Thank you for setting up this site.
Laraine

tortoiseguy
14-06-2007, 10:18 PM
This is by far the best tortoise website around, great info, great pictures and great people. I have become obsessed

skewbald
16-06-2007, 06:44 PM
I luuuurve this site. Everyone's so friendly and helpful. I don't bother to post anywhere else now. I like the fact that everyone is so chilled and can talk about other things too. Gets a bit intense sometimes but the mods to a good job of keeping the peace when necessary (which isn't very often). It's groovy, baby!

sheridan
23-06-2007, 06:13 PM
yours was the first site i found and have not bothered looking else where!
everyone has been sooooo helpfull and friendly
:D

sheridan xx

phoenix23db
23-06-2007, 06:32 PM
i must say this site is simply ACE!!
so many friendly people, wanting to help with great advice!! :D :D
highly recommended

shelliejunior
27-06-2007, 04:31 PM
I dont think there are any improvements you could make. It is a fab site

yorkshirespambo
07-07-2007, 06:06 PM
It is the best site I have found.

I joined some of the others, but don't bother with them.

This one is so easy to use and I get the information I need in next to no time.

Well Done :!:

Pam

Caroline McI
07-07-2007, 07:08 PM
Hello to everyone :)

Nina told me about this site so I have her to thank first of all for that.
The site is very well organised, easy to use and very informative.
It's still a bit overwhelming for me as I've realised I've been doing
alot of things wrong for the past five years :( but I don't blame myself
as much now as the advice I was given from the "breeder" was not
the best, but as a result of coming on here I've changed the way I do
a few things now.

In the next few months I'll change more (outside enclosure etc) and have a
good idea of what a great tort playground should be :lol:

I don't feel silly about posting anything or asking a question, in fact I try to
think of questions to ask as I enjoy the learning.

I log on a few times a day and feel reassured when someone responds to my
questions, I've no idea what I'll do when I start my new job! :shock:

I'm pleased to have joined SW.

joathome
31-07-2007, 08:41 AM
:)

Hurley
31-07-2007, 12:22 PM
I agree with everyone else in saying that this is definately the best, and most user friendly tortoise forum out there! I have only been a tortoise owner a month or 2 but thankfully found this website straight away. It is so informative and helpful and all of the other members are so friendly and give any advice where and when they can! Thanks guys! :lol: I can't think of any improvements...well done! 8)

kirstyhumphrey
06-04-2008, 06:19 PM
i think SW is brilliant, ive been hooked since november 2006
and you've all helped me through the bad stages, when i first came on here
i brought 2 torts from a pet shop and you have all helped me realize how important
it is not to buy from there. You've helped me though the ups and downs
of tort keeping. i think this site is truely amazing and the time and effort
that goes into this forum is amazing and the knowledge that people have
is amazing and i wish i could be like that one day and hopefully with
the help of everyone on here i will be

so just want to say

THANK YOU SW

kirsty

70ridgeway
06-04-2008, 06:43 PM
sw is a great site and i am honered t be a member you get great info and everyones friendly iv been addicted since i joined well done and carry on all the good work

Laraine
06-04-2008, 07:51 PM
This is a really fantastic site, its almost 12 months since I first registered, (Iused to have a different log-in), it was on here I first saw the posting about the Heathrow Leopards, and it has just snowballed since then!
So really I could say its Shelled Warriors fault we have all our torts! :lol: ......and we wouldn't be without any one of them! :D

ME SHELL
07-04-2008, 10:37 AM
I am addicted to this site, it has shown me the correct way to look after Torty and I can't thank you enough for that. Well done to all involved. :D

joanna
07-04-2008, 08:32 PM
This is a great site - certainly one of the friendliest and most informative!

alicia
07-04-2008, 10:17 PM
really friendly site with really friendly people, have met loads of friends and learnt so much

thanks every one :D

Evie
03-05-2008, 11:46 AM
Really informative great site - everyone is so helpful and friendly.

Wendy
03-05-2008, 07:09 PM
I think this site is fantastic, full of great people read to advise and support when needed. Since joining this site i have learned so much from you all.

Thank you. xx

70ridgeway
03-05-2008, 07:24 PM
this is a great site there are so many friendly people i have learnt so much since coming on here its addictive

chris3012
04-08-2008, 01:01 AM
I Agree with all the above posts, this site has been a god send to me and my little tort more so him than me :lol: Have change so much in his upkeep since looking up advise on here, and still learning.

BIG THANK YOU from chris & Keano

Zen
13-08-2008, 06:58 PM
Sw is fantastic. Everyone is always helpful and you get a reply really quickly:-D

So much better than any other forum ive looked at, i dont bother with the others anymore.

Thanks everyone for making being a tortie mummy a lot easier!:):):):)

MandyP
13-08-2008, 07:17 PM
Brill forum, everyone is rteally helpfull, my only complaint is i'm spending so much time on here i'm not getting anything else done LOL

angels1531
13-08-2008, 07:42 PM
I stumbled upon this site on a quest to find out how on earth I was going to look after a rescued tortoise. Having had no experience whatsoever about these adorable critters I can honestly say I have learnt enough in the last couple of weeks to look after Amazon with some confidence. I use the search facility all the time, checking weeds and all manner of useful stuff, ordered weeds.... yes WEEDS!!!! Who would have thought it! And made the OH stop in a lay by on the way home so I could have a look at what is growing in there <gg> Well done SW, a brilliant site, thank you :)

anna m
02-02-2009, 11:31 PM
This is a good site. Most are friendly and helpful. I'm glad of the advice I get. i do get worried about my tortoises. There is a section for problems and I have posted there. Usually you get an answer very quickly to a problem.

alotoffluff
03-02-2009, 02:59 PM
This site is invaluable to me. I stumbled upon it after purchasing something on ebay!Everyone has always been so helpful and never laughed when i have asked a stupid question. When im worried, you are all great!
Its an addictive site though! LOL

beckyzazou
03-02-2009, 04:19 PM
Love the site, so much more friendly than other forums. They just don't seem to be able to stop the back biting. I really only post on this forum due to that. Keep up the friendliness.

MrD
12-02-2009, 07:51 PM
SW is great! I with fluff on this one - I am officially addicted! I check it regularly to see what people are posting and what advice has been added to my posts!!

I have to say that it's great to posts questions without feeling stupid, or thinking that people will come back with a 'you shouldn't really own torts' answer. Even the more 'mature' tort keepers here don't talk like they've been here longer than anyone!!

Anyway, just supporting what everyone else is saying! Fantastic forum. Thanks!! Credit to all involved with designing it and to the great members who have been so welcoming!!

Ok, enough of the compliments, someone make a sarcy joke :lo:

Keally
14-03-2009, 05:30 PM
Fantastic site!!!! I love and always on it:):grin::wink:

dugy
14-03-2009, 05:39 PM
fab site.. so much info and members always willing to help out!!

i'm addicted!!

dugy & percy

x

Nut
30-11-2009, 07:29 AM
From someone who knew little about torts, i am finding the forum extremly useful. Actually started correcting people in conversation lol

freakinmental
07-12-2009, 10:43 AM
i luv it on here too, not only for the great advice and info u can find but everything else we all chat about, everyone is so friendly its like a mini family! I really luv the over 18's have a proper laff reading some of the things on there and quite like some of the latest pics appearing on there too!!!

Nut
07-12-2009, 11:11 AM
It's a fab site. Very informative for newbies like me.
NOt sure i wud be getting a tort if i hadn't found the site :)

paulo peach
07-12-2009, 12:34 PM
i like it very muchly. i pop one two or three times a day to see whats up, and to see if anyone has responded to my ramblings.

...which is nice

Terriandlola
17-02-2010, 11:02 AM
I love sw, i ahve now sacked off all the other "information" sites and just use sw! before i joined i had no idea of anything tortoise and now i think i am pretty clued up ;) also i found my baby on here! if i hadnt of joined i wouldnt have my Dexta :D

Suggestion - Iphone app :D

Thanks everyone for all your help and support xxx

xxtyvmxx
17-02-2010, 01:12 PM
I love this site/forum, i have learnt so much since i joined as a new tort owner, Hettie's life is so much more interesting etc since i spent hours reading through various posts learning what torts like and dislike, whats healthy for them and how to improve her table etc and i love it when ppl put up the bargains you can buy for your tort lol. Any questions i've asked have been answered very quickly with great advice given, everyone just wants to help everyone which is lovely, i'd recommend this site to any tort owner, especially new ones like myself.
Anne

clairestortoise
22-02-2010, 03:22 PM
This is a friendly place to be, Full of experienced owners with geniune advice ;) This is my number 1 site!!! I have made many friends, where we all help one another with our Tortoises :) I visit everyday, all day long.

EquestrianBabe
22-02-2010, 04:36 PM
Theres nothing bad about SW

lisa246
23-02-2010, 10:20 PM
this site is a god send all sorts of good info

TortBabe
23-02-2010, 11:41 PM
Good advice from genuine tortoise lovers...and lots of laughs here too, probably the best tort forum in the world!

spike*angel
24-02-2010, 02:22 AM
theres always good advice and info and everyones so friendly theres nothing i can think of to improve !!