PDA

View Full Version : Map turtle

niamherrity
17-02-2007, 05:57 PM
A friend of mine has a miss map turtle he is about 8in long he has grown out of all the tanks she has brought and needs a suggestion for a new home for him also his nails are very long. He has grown from a tiny thing into a monster in one year :D

Cpx
17-02-2007, 07:35 PM
Im not a turtle expert far from it, but when i was researching on many map turtles and other turtles, i found that many people use to buy these strange realllly large pool things and filled it with water and just hung their basking lights and uv lights over the side...they use to half fill them (gives lots of swimming room) and the lights dont touch the water...
you could do this

jackjordandylan
17-02-2007, 07:55 PM
Ive recently bought from B&Q a HUGE plastic container (after breaking my tank with a rock and having water all over my living room floor!) its got loads of room and can be filled really deeply with water - the great thing as well is that in the summer I can put it outside and dont have to buy a seperate pond for them - it looks a bit unsightly in the middle of the living room but the turtles seem really happy!

Cpx
17-02-2007, 08:06 PM
Yea ive seen those plastic containers in B&Q too, they can come in all sizes aswell as shapes.
and like you say, good thing is you can move it out side during the summer

niamherrity
17-02-2007, 08:40 PM
She has a pond outside for him in the summer that he loves but as you know its too cold outside in the winter for them she asked me what temp should the water be it feels quite warm i will tell her to look for a tub for him thanks :D

godbish
03-03-2007, 12:25 AM
male missippi maps dont usually grow much bigger than 8inches so wat ever they get now should last its life now they say 10 gals per inch tanksize