PDA

View Full Version : Hi

shelliemavis
15-02-2007, 06:50 PM
I've been posting on this forum for a few weeks now since we've had our torts Shellie and Mavis. Shellie is my daughter's tort. We refused to buy it for her as we wanted her to be responsible and realise what's involved so she had to save up every penny to buy the tort and the equipment. (She's very responsible for a 10 year old). Anyway she keeps reading the forum posts and has been asking to post something herself so I hope it's ok for her to do this one post to introduce herself and let you know how much she loves her little tort. (I loved Shellie so much that my daughter and husband bought Mavis for me 3 weeks ago.) Judith

Hi I'm Ellie and I have a 6month old tort called Shellie. Shellie can be so naughty somtimes! But I love her all the same. I have had Shellie for 8 weeks. She is beautiful! We used to have a log in our tort table and Shellie used to sky dive off it which was quite amusing! I love coming home from school everyday to get Shelle&Mavis out to have a run and a bath. In science, one day I took Shellie into school and she embarassed herself by doing a wee on my hand, which was very nice for me! I just hope that in the future she isn't so naughty!!

Ellie :D :D

oolix
15-02-2007, 06:53 PM
Hi and welcome i'm sure you will learn loads from this site, i know i have

Becks
15-02-2007, 07:37 PM
hello and welcome to the forum xxxxxxxxx

Henry-flash
15-02-2007, 07:39 PM
Welcome to the forum :D :D

aprillinda
15-02-2007, 07:49 PM
hi judith

a big warm welcome from me :D :D

aprillinda
15-02-2007, 07:51 PM
hi ellie :D :D

i am very pleased to hear from you :D

it sounds to me like you are going to be an excellent tortoise keeper

a big big welcome :D :D

shelliemavis
15-02-2007, 08:47 PM
Thanks aprillinda for seeing my post. I really like getting the replies. I'm always reading this forum at the same time as my mum. I love being a tort keeper and love my torts to bits. Shellie is fab!!

Ellie :) :)

Glitter
15-02-2007, 08:54 PM
Hi Ellie

Welcome to the forum - we are so pleased you are reading the messages along with your mum.

I do hope you and your mum are going to post some pictures of Shellie and Mavis soon so we can see them.

Henry-flash
15-02-2007, 08:59 PM
Deb there are already pictures in the picture section :wink:
Its lovely to see younger members posting on the forum :D

shelliemavis
15-02-2007, 09:01 PM
If you have a look in pictures, housing and other animals my Mum already has posted pictures earlier in the week. She's been using this forum for a few weeks already but it is the first time I've put a post in with my Mum so thats why I've only just introduced myself.

I love learning as much as I can about torts so they are healthy and have a good life.

Ellie
:D

Glitter
15-02-2007, 09:02 PM
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Sorry.... i'll go and take a peek now :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

shelliemavis
15-02-2007, 09:02 PM
Thanks everyone for replying to my daughter Ellie - she's really chuffed you've taken the time as she's only 10.

Thanks again
Judith

tamsintd
15-02-2007, 09:14 PM
Hi, and welcome to SW! :D

niamherrity
15-02-2007, 09:15 PM
Hi ellie,My daughter love's our tort henny as well sounds like you're doing as good a job as my daughter dervla she's 13 :D

cruzer
15-02-2007, 09:55 PM
welcome to you both glad to see you both on here xxx

nina
15-02-2007, 10:19 PM
Sorry to be a bit late to welcome you, Ellie, but it's great to have you here. I think it's great that you love your tortoises and take such good care of them. And the wonderful thing about tortoises is that if you give them a good life they live a really long time, and when you are an old grandmother some day you will still have your tortoises for company.

Glitter
15-02-2007, 11:45 PM
when you are an old grandmother some day you will still have your tortoises for company.

Thats such a lovely thought Nina :P

shelliemavis
15-02-2007, 11:51 PM
I agree - a lovely thought...

When Ellie wanted to get a tortoise we explained to her how long they live and that if she looked after her tort properly it should outlive her! The deal is that now I have a tort aswell they should both outlive me so Ellie will have 2 torts to look after in her old age!! And she's not phased by it at all. In fact she thinks its fab. We said when she leaves home, gets married or whatever she does Shellie her tort will always be part of the deal!

Judith
:)

KayMarie
16-02-2007, 02:11 PM
Hi Ellie! You sound like a brilliant tortoise keeper! Keep reading the forum withyou rmum and you will get better and better :D

shelliemavis
16-02-2007, 03:24 PM
Thank you! I like to learn as much as I can about torts, as I love them, they are lovely animals. Don't you thinnk?

Ellie
:D :D :D :D :D

Eire_Ade
18-02-2007, 11:32 PM
Hi Shellie Snr and Shellie Jnr, :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are very welcome here and hopefully you and Ellie will get lots of information out of the forum and you will enjoy your tortoises for years and years to come.

Ade :wink: