PDA

View Full Version : Why do my pictures come on soooo massive???

littletort
25-04-2010, 03:20 PM
Can anyone tell me why when i post a picture it comes up so big?? everyone else seems to get a nice sized pic but mine are so big you have to scroll accross the screen to see it all??

:roll::???:

EquestrianBabe
25-04-2010, 03:25 PM
What are you using to get photos on? Photobucket?

littletort
25-04-2010, 03:32 PM
yep photobucket

EquestrianBabe
25-04-2010, 03:39 PM
Tinypic is easier. You don't have to join, and when uploading you get to choose size. 'Message Board' size is best to choose.

Torterra
26-04-2010, 01:44 PM
On your camera there must be a setting regarding the picture size. Large, Medium, Small. And picture quality something like Basic/ Standard/ Fine. I guess you are using high resolution camera, they are good but if you take pictures on default high quality settings they will come out massive size. When I know im taking the picture for uploading onto forum, I put settings for small picture. The trick is not to forget to change it back to good quality after (I often do forget :S).

Also the facility EB is talking about is useful.

You can resize the pictire in Paint, default Windows program(If you are using Windows PC) Open the Image in Windows Photo Gallery, then choose option Open-Paint in the top panel, and in Paint you will see Image Buton. From the drop down list choose Resize and type the percenrtage you want it to become, then use Save As facility so you can keep the original and the new, smaller picture.

Please ask me if you need some further explanations.

swad1000
26-04-2010, 03:36 PM
When uploading to photobucket you can chose to resize them.

You want something around 600x800 pixels is usually good for forums, but crap if you want to print them.

On your camera about half a million pixels.

I just leave the camera on 10 million pixels and resize them when uploading to Photobucket, but I can then also get the same pictures printed.