PDA

View Full Version : Difficulties getting the site to load

janeL
14-09-2009, 07:47 PM
Hi, I hate to say this, as I know you have just moved to a new server, but I am having more difficulties getting the site to load now, than I ever did before and it is just this site, no where else.

Star
14-09-2009, 08:17 PM
I don't know if its to do with the amount of people on line, but I have had that type of trouble.

What seems to happen is that when I log on, it comes up with the hello star and then clicks back into not logged in, its quite weird..........it has happened a few times.

Lowe
17-09-2009, 08:00 AM
Odd - any particular time of day or just in general?

Star
17-09-2009, 09:19 AM
I'd say it happens when the site is visited the most......it seems to be then.

Its very strange, it logs you out as your trying to log in....At first I thought I had forgotten my password, but then it said hello star..... and then when it should have been loading me in, it logged me out :( Maybe its become slightly bias :lol:

Lowe
17-09-2009, 11:37 AM
I don't know if its to do with the amount of people on line, but I have had that type of trouble.

What seems to happen is that when I log on, it comes up with the hello star and then clicks back into not logged in, its quite weird..........it has happened a few times.

That's a cookie issue. Not using Firefox per chance are you?

Star
17-09-2009, 01:02 PM
No..... :(

Lowe
18-09-2009, 08:05 AM
Try clearing the SW cookie and see if that helps :)

Star
18-09-2009, 08:37 AM
This must be a very dumb question, but how do I do that? :oops:

Bindi
18-09-2009, 07:08 PM
Star, click on 'tools' on the top right hand side of the screen
Then click on 'internet options' on the drop down menu
Then on the 'general' page click the 'delete' button in the section 'browsing history'
You'll then get a list come up and click 'delete' next to 'cookies'
Hope this helps :razz:

Star
18-09-2009, 08:29 PM
Thanks Bindi, I have done what you said and fingers crossed :)

xxXxx