PDA

View Full Version : Classifieds suggestion

PumpkinPie
30-08-2009, 10:39 PM
Sorry if this has mentioned or suggested before (I imagine it has), but I was just wondering how people are able to join the forum and then (seemingly) immediately post pets up for sale in the classifieds section? Any unscrupulous dealer could have googled for a Tortoise forum and then joined simply to sell pets (could be ill, illegally imported, stolen etc...)

Shouldn't there be quite a high minimum post allowance for people who want to post animals for sale, e.g. 100 posts?

Regards,
Steve.

linda
31-08-2009, 02:38 AM
Sorry if this has mentioned or suggested before (I imagine it has), but I was just wondering how people are able to join the forum and then (seemingly) immediately post pets up for sale in the classifieds section? Any unscrupulous dealer could have googled for a Tortoise forum and then joined simply to sell pets (could be ill, illegally imported, stolen etc...)

Shouldn't there be quite a high minimum post allowance for people who want to post animals for sale, e.g. 100 posts?

Regards,
Steve.

steve please do not be worried
all the admin and mod team
are on to this
all of the time x
double checks are made
and some times tripple checks x
we obviously do not want to prevent genuine people posting :grin:
but we are aware of the possible miss use

checks are definately made behind the scenes
we have the ability to check ip addresses etc :grin::grin:

PumpkinPie
31-08-2009, 09:31 AM
I see, thanks. I didn't realise that there were checks made, I thought random people might have been joining the forum just to use the classified section.

Lowe
31-08-2009, 09:59 AM
When the section was originally created these kinds if possibilities were considered. This is one of the reasons we have a great Mod team, because an arbutary post limit would just set a target for people to spam to. There's always stuff going on behind the scenes ;)