purplelynn
28-08-2009, 08:39 AM
Here are the answers for this week

1- What was the name of the first woman in space? Valentina Tereshkova
2- Who was the ‘Blue Boy’ in Gainsborough’s painting? Jonathon Buttal
3- What is the only metal that is liquid at room temperature? Mercury
4- What is the brightest star in the constellation Orion? Riga
5- What is the main ingredient in larva bread? Seaweed
6- What are the names of the Seven Dwarves? Doc, Bashful, Grumpy, Sleepy, Sneezy, Dopey and Happy
7- Which animal has the smallest baby? Dunnant
8- In mythology what was Venus the Goddess of? Love and Beauty
9- What is the correct name for a group of rhino? Crash
10- Who is the president of Romania? Traian BASESCU
11- What song are the following lyrics a part of... Guess this means you're sorry, You're standing at my door, Guess this means you take back, All you said before.My Life would suck without you
12- What animals latin name is 'Muscardinus avellanarius'? Dormouse
13- What animals latin name is 'Litoria caerulea'? White's or Green Tree Frog
14- Who invented the telephone? Alexander Graham Bell
15- What is the world’s smallest city? Vatican City

You may NOT google these questions=

16- How old will Daniel Radcliffe be on his next birthday? 21
17- Which actor/actress has the record for winning the most Oscars? Katherine Hepburn
18- Which is the largest county in England? Yorkshire
19- Madonna released an album in 1998 called? Ray of Light
20- What job did Rod Stewart do before becoming famous? Grave Digger

So this week's results

1st x.froggy.x and star 19/20
2nd Cav3 16/20
3rd (Ungoogled) Caledonia 5/20

Thanks for taking part - Hope you enjoyed the quiz
Lynn

Alan1
30-08-2009, 05:22 PM
Mine was in yesterday or Friday even

Kirkie
30-08-2009, 06:25 PM
Woah, What happened there then? I was just logging in to do the quiz. I'd have got all them as well ;)

Ahhh I remember the old days when a Sunday quiz was a Sunday quiz :lol:

Well done to Lynn for hosting and to those who took part. Congratulations Froggy & Star.

purplelynn
30-08-2009, 06:51 PM
:oops:Sorry Kirkie - set it early friday thought people would have had enough time - Am off out in a moment and didn't want people to think I'd forgotten. Just knew wouldn't get near it tomorrow either!

Better luck next week!!!:razz:

Alan1
30-08-2009, 06:55 PM
Isn't the vatican city actually a country and not a city? not that I had the answer but I was sure that one has come up before somewhere and the answer was a place in switzerland

Star
30-08-2009, 07:04 PM
15. Vatican City/Durbuy in Belgium – many dispute that Vatican is a city but more a county, and that Durbury is the smallest city......however the majority will put the Vatican as the smallest

:lol: Alan.......I double guessed, to be on the safe side with this one, but agree, it is a county

Thanks Lynn for a great quiz, it was fun :) and thank you Dave :)

purplelynn
30-08-2009, 07:09 PM
Apologies to all participants if there are errors - I get muddled easily. I tried my best:oops::oops::oops::oops:

Star
30-08-2009, 07:11 PM
Lynn, you didnt get anything wrong, your quiz was perfect....like everything, there's usually another angel and some other perspective, but your quiz was perfect and fun and I loved it :):):):):):) I always double guess, its just me being judgemental of my answers and trying to look at every angle, its an awful habit and in no way does it reflect on your wonderful quiz
x

Kirkie
30-08-2009, 07:21 PM
Lynn,

No need to apologise, I was pulling your leg. Well done to all :)

Alan1
30-08-2009, 07:33 PM
Bonsai was a hobby of mine so I knew that it had originated in China long before the Japanese had ever heard of it and one year at the summer festival pub quiz we were involved in a 3 way tie breaker for the big prize (excessive amounts of beer :razz: and a trophy) and one of the three tie-break questions was where did bonsai originate.

I knew that most people assumed it was Japan so hoped the other two teams would say that and get it wrong.. and they did :p

We were the only team to get all three questions right.. or so I thought. However my answer of China was marked down as being wrong! It said Japan in the quiz answers so they were going by that!!!

I said but, but, but I can show you all my books, it's your answers that are wrong!! However, no beer and no trophy :-( We wuz robbed.

Edit> don't worry lynn it was a gid quiz

ME SHELL
31-08-2009, 10:49 AM
Aww Alan you were robbed, so you had to make do with a cup of cocoa in a big mug:lol:
Good quiz Lynn just had a look now, I wouldn't have got many tho :)

Alan1
01-09-2009, 06:39 PM
x.Froggy.x or Star are due to host the quiz this week, I will offer to do it :neutral: if neither of them want to. Froggy if you want to do it just say so :D

Star
01-09-2009, 07:06 PM
I vote for Alan :mrgreen:.................because I really want to do one of his special quiz's with all the pics.......I have badgered him a bit about this.

x.Froggy.x if you agree to let Alan do this week, you can definitely do next weeks, if thats ok? I've never done one of Alan's quiz's :cry:

Alan1
03-09-2009, 12:25 PM
I will do one to run until sunday night, it doesn't have to be the sunday quiz so if xfroggyx wants to do a sunday quiz as well there will be room for two, or she can do it next week. I will have to put it up soon though as I have a busy weekend... my wife is leaving me and going off with another woman :D

Alan1
03-09-2009, 01:47 PM
... it's with her sister and only for a week BTW :D. I've got a stack of paper plates in and I will be wearing non-ironables :)

Star
03-09-2009, 05:42 PM
I will do one to run until sunday night, it doesn't have to be the sunday quiz so if xfroggyx wants to do a sunday quiz as well there will be room for two, or she can do it next week. I will have to put it up soon though as I have a busy weekend... my wife is leaving me and going off with another woman :D

:lol: Alan, your very funny

Star
03-09-2009, 05:43 PM
... it's with her sister and only for a week BTW :D. I've got a stack of paper plates in and I will be wearing non-ironables :)

and funnier still :lol: hehe

Whenever your ready to submit the quiz....:)