PDA

View Full Version : Just Getting Around to Introducing Me

eminart
15-12-2006, 04:31 AM
Hello everyone. A lot of you have seen my posts on here for the past several weeks, but I haven't formally introduced myself yet, so here goes. My name is Scott and I was pointed to this forum from another (kingsnake.com) by a member. I live in the U.S. (Alabama). I've been happily married for 2 years and 1 month and we have a 21 month old daughter (you do the math :D). I grew up in the country where I quickly developed a fascination with reptiles. I've owned just about every kind of pet imaginable, but I've never actually kept a tortoise unless you count the box turtles that I often caught and released as a kid. But, I never kept any of those long enough to learn anything about the process -- mostly just watched them crawl about under our fruit trees and then left them alone. As some of you know, I'm planning to purchase a tort from egyptiandan in the spring and I can hardly wait. Like I said, I've had quite a bit of reptile experience, but none with tortoises, so I am thankful for all the help and advice I've recieved from him and you and all that I will recieve in the future. I feel confident with your guidance on the details, my tort will have a warm and happy home. Thanks everyone!

--scott

yam yam
15-12-2006, 09:17 AM
hello and welcome from me :D :D

Glitter
15-12-2006, 10:00 AM
Hi Scott x

nina
15-12-2006, 10:25 AM
It's great to have you on the forum, Scott.

aprillinda
15-12-2006, 01:59 PM
hi scott :D

a big warm welcome from me

Becks
15-12-2006, 03:36 PM
nice to see you , to see you nice :D
welcome scott love becks xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Eire_Ade
15-12-2006, 05:42 PM
Hi Scott, welcome again, formally this time.

Ade :wink:

pmullen
15-12-2006, 08:53 PM
hi scott :D

Kate
15-12-2006, 10:00 PM
Hi Scott! *waves in direction of across the pond* :lol:

eminart
16-12-2006, 01:21 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. You've been a friendly bunch, even if I am a yank. ;)

nina
16-12-2006, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. You've been a friendly bunch, even if I am a yank. ;)

They are friendly, aren't they? I'm a yank too (well, I've lived in the UK for 35 years but unfortunately my accent is still American), and they very kindly ignore my origins and treat me as one of their own <g>.

Henry-flash
16-12-2006, 10:52 AM

They are friendly, aren't they? I'm a yank too (well, I've lived in the UK for 35 years but unfortunately my accent is still American), and they very kindly ignore my origins and treat me as one of their own <g>.

Nina I didn't know that. Its obviouslty going to be all change now you've told everyone :lol: :lol:

nina
16-12-2006, 11:26 AM

Nina I didn't know that. Its obviouslty going to be all change now you've told everyone :lol: :lol:

OH NO! My secret is out. What if I say 'cheerio' and 'jolly good' a lot and hate Bush, and eat mushy peas and chip butties?

nina
16-12-2006, 12:28 PM
I promise! Are biscuits those little pieces of text that a web server can store on your hard disk <g>?
And I also promise to never say 'gee whiz' or say that it's awesome how old everything is over here (forum members excepted).

nina
16-12-2006, 02:46 PM
and also write the date right (day month year) is the correct way :D :roll: :lol: :lol:

Absolutely! And always drive on the correct side of the road. :lol:

tamsintd
16-12-2006, 04:33 PM
and also write the date right (day month year) is the correct way :D :roll: :lol: :lol:

Absolutely! And always drive on the correct side of the road. :lol:

and petrol is just that not gas :lol: saying ive got gas over here could be taken the wrong way :roll: :wink: :lol:

have a book of silly signs, one read..........eat here & get gas! :roll: :lol:

hi scott!