PDA

View Full Version : HI PEEPS

CREWCSC
28-11-2006, 09:28 PM
Jamie from Glasgow here . my son is looking for a Tortoise for christmas so i have been trying to get educated on them ...and also buy a Tortoise ......

And i think this site will be very helpfull cheers

Eire_Ade
28-11-2006, 09:30 PM
Hello an welcome Jamie, you have chosen a great site to join.

Do you know what type of tortoise you are looking for, have you checked out any local totoise breeders, dont buy from petshops, they are usually imported in crates and can have health problems.

Ade :wink:

Henry-flash
28-11-2006, 09:35 PM
Welcome to the forum. You are in the right place :)

CREWCSC
28-11-2006, 09:35 PM
hi there :wink: to be honest i dont know any local breeders :cry: .....so have been looking towards the internet for one ..i think my son would be thrilled with any tortoise...

aprillinda
28-11-2006, 09:36 PM
hi jamie :D

welcome :D

yam yam
28-11-2006, 09:36 PM
hello and welcome you come to right place for friendly and helpfull advice i am getting our son a tortoise for xmas shhhhhhhh he does'nt know he told us he would have to save a lot of money to beable to get his baby tort :wink: if you read through the posts you will find lots of infor and beable to do lots of homework and ask as many question as you want we all here to help :D :D :D

yam yam
28-11-2006, 09:42 PM
hi there :wink: to be honest i dont know any local breeders :cry: .....so have been looking towards the internet for one ..i think my son would be thrilled with any tortoise...

where in uk are you :?: please dont buy from internet or pet shops you will have problems as most are imports and can have lots of health problems which could cost you money in vet fees or even worst death to tortoise :(

CREWCSC
28-11-2006, 09:53 PM
Glasgow .Scotland :lol:

yam yam
28-11-2006, 10:03 PM
hi again i am sure someone will be a long soon if they know of any breeders near scotland in the mean time please read these links they are very :( but very true please re think buying of internet your son will be over moon with tortoise but very upset if he baby was ill
i am only trying to help you to have a health and happy tortoise and will cost you half the price from a uk breeder hope this helps you :D :D :D

http://forums.shelledwarriors.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=2523

http://forums.shelledwarriors.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1330&highlight=martin

CREWCSC
28-11-2006, 10:07 PM
And i am gratefull for you putting me right on the sale on the internet ....
and the next best thing from what i have seen in my area is £250 for a tortoise in a petshop ...heres hoping i can be pointed in the direction of a breeder near me ... THANK YOU yam yam

Eire_Ade
28-11-2006, 10:09 PM
Unfortunately we haven't got any breeders in Scotland on our list yet, but thats not to say there aren't any in Scotland.

Yam Yam is right, it sounds harsh, but in fact the pet shop and internet trading of tortoises is crude, and very cruel, and you don't always get what you are looking for, as in a healthy happy tortoise.

You might also have to consider travelling to pick up a genuine UK captive bred tortoise, but it will definately be worth every mile travelled.

CREWCSC
28-11-2006, 10:16 PM
What is the nearst breeder to scotland ...so i can keep it in mind

Eire_Ade
28-11-2006, 10:21 PM
Our breeders list is on the Home page of the forum.

CREWCSC
28-11-2006, 10:27 PM
i have just looked ...long way tho ...... :shock: :shock: no wonder peeps take there chances with internet buying ...but i will not from your advice :wink:

yam yam
28-11-2006, 10:29 PM
there are others but not all put there details up if theres any near to you they will post on your thread dont give up :D :D

Becks
29-11-2006, 06:29 PM
hello and welcome to the forum :D
luv becks xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Eire_Ade
29-11-2006, 08:53 PM
Some breeder prefer not to advertise that they do so for security reasons.

Keep looking and asking and you never know what will turn up, word of mouth is the best advertisment there is.

Maybe even post a wanted in the for sale / wanted section. Some newbies only join to post their unwanted tortoises, you might get lucky and be seen, nothing ventured nothing gained.

Cheffi
29-11-2006, 08:58 PM
Try the small ads on the Slowcoach forum. If you see anything make sure you ask the right questions and if you are unsure what questions you should be asking someone on here will help you out. Oh and welcome :D

http://www.slowcoach.org.uk/sloads.html

CREWCSC
04-12-2006, 09:16 PM
Got my son a cute little horsfields
on sunday ...from a local guy 135 :lol: :lol:

Fallen Angel
04-12-2006, 09:27 PM
Well im late but welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new addition :wink:

CREWCSC
04-12-2006, 09:36 PM
Cheers :wink:

yam yam
04-12-2006, 09:36 PM
Got my son a cute little horsfields
on sunday ...from a local guy 135 :lol: :lol:

well done love to see some pics :D :D :D