PDA

View Full Version : New Posts?

anna m
11-01-2009, 12:23 AM
I was wondering why when I press new posts why do I get old one's that have been updated?
They are not new posts.
They are interesting but should not be called new posts but recycled posts.
When I press for new posts I would like to see the newest posts put up and not old recycled one's.
Actual new posts are hard to find. You have to go looking for them in the seperate sections.
I have put up a new post and looked through all the items under new posts and have not found my post (just a lot of really ancient ones)
Can we have a proper new post section please?
One that will give us the lattest post?
I believe that I may have got more of a responce to questions I have asked if people did not have to wade through a lot of old info.
Also you can be viewing something you think is new an find it's not and even you have been there before.
Thanks
Anna

Paulg1
11-01-2009, 02:43 AM
I was going to explain but I couldn't do it without making you crazy. It's a question better suited for an admin person. Sorry I can't help

Alan1
11-01-2009, 09:49 AM
I was wondering why when I press new posts why do I get old one's that have been updated?
They are not new posts.
They are interesting but should not be called new posts but recycled posts.
When I press for new posts I would like to see the newest posts put up and not old recycled one's.
Actual new posts are hard to find. You have to go looking for them in the seperate sections.
I have put up a new post and looked through all the items under new posts and have not found my post (just a lot of really ancient ones)
Can we have a proper new post section please?
One that will give us the lattest post?
I believe that I may have got more of a responce to questions I have asked if people did not have to wade through a lot of old info.
Also you can be viewing something you think is new an find it's not and even you have been there before.
Thanks
Anna

I have found this a bit tricky as well Anna, I'm having to do the same as you and have to click on my name to see what posts I've made then click on them to see if replies have been added but maybe I have something wrong in the settings?? Some fish forums I've been on in the past show all new posts since last vist and I've probably got too used to them

Alan1
11-01-2009, 11:06 AM
If you click on new posts in the green bar you should get all the new posts

Is that apart from any new posts that you have made yourself? If I make a new post it doesn't appear in 'new posts'. Can others see that new post but not me, is that how it works?

What is meant by updated posts? The threads below have not been updated

ME SHELL
11-01-2009, 11:08 AM
yes that is how it works. Once someone has replyed you will see it then.:D

Alan1
11-01-2009, 11:17 AM
Okay got it now. I still have trouble remembering what ones I have posted in though and still have to go through all the new ones to see if I have or not

ME SHELL
11-01-2009, 11:18 AM
If you have posted on a thread, by the side of the thread on top of the little envelope will be a little arrow.

Alan1
11-01-2009, 11:25 AM
If you have posted on a thread, by the side of the thread on top of the little envelope will be a little arrow.

Oh right, thanks.
I just remembered though that the thread I started last night about the black bag on the riverbank, it didn't appear in 'new posts' this morning even though there were several new posts since I was last on. I had to search for it
:???:

ME SHELL
11-01-2009, 11:28 AM
That is strange as I have seen it top of my new posts loads of times. I don't understand that:D Unless loads of people had posted on other threads after posting on yours then that would push yours to the bottom. All I can say is never trust technology :lol:

ME SHELL
11-01-2009, 11:31 AM
I just looked on your post and the last time it was replyed ot was 12.26am, so that is why it was low down the list when you looked this morning. Hope that helps:)

Alan1
11-01-2009, 11:39 AM
Thanks Me Shell. Reading the instructions on things is usually the last thing I do unfortunately. 'If all else fails... read the instructions' :mrgreen:

ME SHELL
11-01-2009, 11:41 AM
haha I'm the same :lol:

anna m
11-01-2009, 03:48 PM
I would still like to see a section just for new posts. Post that are new and have no replys and no views. then it would be up to date. A number of mine have just gone missing in the sections

linda
11-01-2009, 04:40 PM
I would still like to see a section just for new posts. Post that are new and have no replys and no views. then it would be up to date. A number of mine have just gone missing in the sections

if you click on your own name
it will take you to your own profile
click on show all statistics
then you have 2 options threads started by you
or threads you have replied to
and you should be able to track where your threads are :D:D

Lowe
12-01-2009, 12:37 PM
Posts which you have written in look like this with an arrow in them:

http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/images/statusicon/thread_dot_hot.gif

As opposed to one where you've not written in which look like this:

http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/images/statusicon/thread_hot.gif

Note the colour red signifies it's a 'hot' topic with more than 15 replies, otherwise it's just grey in colour. :)

Alan1
14-01-2009, 08:11 AM
It's just that when you've made a post and then want to go back to it and re-read anything in that thread at any time, it isn't so easy to find unless someone else replies to put it on the new posts list again.

I know you can find it by clicking on your own name and doing it that way but if you've made several other posts since then you have to go down the list trying to remember which one you are looking for.

I'm not sure if that is what anna is meaning but that's the bit I'm struggling with. I'm not very good at it :lol:

anna m
15-01-2009, 07:42 PM
if you click on your own name
it will take you to your own profile
click on show all statistics
then you have 2 options threads started by you
or threads you have replied to
and you should be able to track where your threads are :D:D

I do what you say Linda but I'm sure that a lot of really interesting post get lost in the sections.

Alan1
15-01-2009, 10:38 PM
I think so too. If you click on any thread then decide later that you want to make a post in it then it's too late because after you have clicked on it it's gone from the list. If you have already posted in that thread then you will be able to track it down again through clicking on your name but if you haven't already posted in the thread and later decide you want to then you will be struggling to find it again if no one else posts on it